Hibs vs Hearts - Scottish Cup Semi Final

HibsFan

9 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

We missed two absolutely golden opportunities as well and if Nisbet had scored the penalty we'd have been sitting here moaning about them.  It was incredibly tight stuff.

Yeah, the chances Wighton and Boyce missed in the second half were two of the best in the game. I do think that Hibs looked the more dangerous team by a fair margin up until Haring and Naismith came on, but it was much more even after that.  I think we missed having a fast, direct player like Ginnelly, particularly in the first half.

Yeah, the chances Wighton and Boyce missed in the second half were two of the best in the game. I do think that Hibs looked the more dangerous team by a fair margin up until Haring and Naismith came on, but it was much more even after that.  I think we missed having a fast, direct player like Ginnelly, particularly in the first half.

Haring is nowhere near fit enough to play the whole game but bringing him on once everybody else has been running about for an hour and slowed down a bit worked well

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Far too much criticism being aimed at Jack Ross for me.

He's just led Hibs to their best ever result against Hearts at Hampden.

Paul Hartley then /// Paul Hartley now.

image.png.a8fcb9bb596ce2e09a503928adada8f1.png

3 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

We missed two absolutely golden opportunities as well and if Nisbet had scored the penalty we'd have been sitting here moaning about them.  It was incredibly tight stuff.

2 hours ago, DC92 said:

Those were the best chances I agree. Have we ever won a derby when hibs fans haven't blamed their poor finishing for the result? 

It's been a long 8-9 months of crippling frustration and apathy that thanks to that game all came to the surface for me. I've hardly watched any football this year, such has been my disillusionment with the game. I've stayed off pnb because it wasn't great reading from my side, still holding onto it after reading and honestly didn't want to make a bigger c**t of myself than I usually do in responding and took a step back. I could not watch any football. I hardly watched any EPL in the first place, the CL didn't even have that edge that usually engages me once it hits the knockout stage. I tried to watch Aberdeen/Rangers game with pals at the start of the season, but it was background noise to me throughout.

I decided to try and break my duck and watched the Hibs/rangers game in a pub with Hibs fans around me and that was the first time I found myself really missing that feeling and being jealous of Hibs that they had games to play in. Just missing that feeling on engagement and elation when they went ahead and made it 2-2.

So come 4pm, my entire emotional stake ended up going from hardly anything at all to full throttle, crippling anxiety once the teamsheets came out. Usually there's a build up and anticipation, over weeks of engagement. This feeling caught me off guard. Not even the Dundee match came close to bringing that out.

That game was blur of tension that honestly shot my nerves so far to f**k that I still find myself shaking thinking about it now. How Nesbit should have buried that header, Boyce's one on one, and the pure resignation that it was fucked the moment Hibs were awarded that penalty.

I honestly don't whether it's because it has been so long since being emotionally invested in a game like that or I was simply out of practice, it felt almost too much at times. I hated feeling like that. I loved feeling like that. I guess I'm just glad that after the best part of a year, of which there were times I truly was so resigned that the thought chucking football all together had crossed my mind, I still cared, and that I cared that much.

It's been a long 8-9 months of crippling frustration and apathy that thanks to that game all came to the surface for me. I've hardly watched any football this year, such has been my disillusionment with the game. I've stayed off pnb because it wasn't great reading from my side, still holding onto it after reading and honestly didn't want to make a bigger c**t of myself than I usually do in responding and took a step back. I could not watch any football. I hardly watched any EPL in the first place, the CL didn't even have that edge that usually engages me once it hits the knockout stage. I tried to watch Aberdeen/Rangers game with pals at the start of the season, but it was background noise to me throughout.
I decided to try and break my duck and watched the Hibs/rangers game in a pub with Hibs fans around me and that was the first time I found myself really missing that feeling and being jealous of Hibs that they had games to play in. Just missing that feeling on engagement and elation when they went ahead and made it 2-2.
So come 4pm, my entire emotional stake ended up going from hardly anything at all to full throttle, crippling anxiety once the teamsheets came out. Usually there's a build up and anticipation, over weeks of engagement. This feeling caught me off guard. Not even the Dundee match came close to bringing that out.
That game was blur of tension that honestly shot my nerves so far to f**k that I still find myself shaking thinking about it now. How Nesbit should have buried that header, Boyce's one on one, and the pure resignation that it was fucked the moment Hibs were awarded that penalty.
I honestly don't whether it's because it has been so long since being emotionally invested in a game like that or I was simply out of practice, it felt almost too much at times. I hated feeling like that. I loved feeling like that. I guess I'm just glad that after the best part of a year, of which there were times I truly was so resigned that the thought chucking football all together had crossed my mind, I still cared, and that I cared that much.

Welcome back mate, ready to have your heart broken next month? [emoji17]