Hibs vs Hearts - Scottish Cup Semi Final

HibsFan

15 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I would actually give credit to the players for putting on any sort of display in those conditions - it was pishing down with ice-cold rain for the entire game - surprising that  there weren't more mistakes. 

Over the 120 minutes I thought your mob deserved the win - surprising as it was.

Was just saying this to pals in a group chat - in all the emotion of winning a derby that has loomed on our calendar in the way that it has, and losing Zal in the way that it happened, it's just hitting me that we're in a cup final. :(

edit: what a fucking day. :(

Edited by paranoid android

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

Was just saying this to pals in a group chat - in all the emotion of winning a derby that has loomed on our calendar in the way that it has, and losing Zal in the way that it happened, it's just hitting me that we're in a cup final. :(

edit: what a fucking day. :(

From the perspective of being across here it was awful. Decent first 30 minutes but then the twitter rumours started swirling so I didn't really give a shit until it was confirmed after both goals in normal time had been scored. After that I just wanted the game to end. Happy we won but far more upset about Marius. Not a great time tbh.

As always, more than happy to take the pelters for a shite Hibs performance. The karma patter is an unexpected silver lining though, some Hearts fans seem to really hate being Hearts fans which is a shame. 

I was saying we needed an extra physical centre midfielder all through the transfer window and it was the difference today. They bring on Naismith and Haring to win battles, we bring on Mallan to shoot from 30 yards (although tbf he probs would have scored that penalty if he'd taken it.) 

Was just saying this to pals in a group chat - in all the emotion of winning a derby that has loomed on our calendar in the way that it has, and losing Zal in the way that it happened, it's just hitting me that we're in a cup final. [emoji20] edit: what a fucking day. [emoji20]

Unfortunately because the semi final was delayed (so that fans could attend it) it missed the deadline and doesn’t carry a Europa League place

Presumably there are still both winners and runners up medals available so Sean Clare will become the first player to win a Scottish cup medal while playing for Oxford United

That’s going to be one hell of a pub quiz question

On 27/10/2020 at 13:06, Joe Terrapin said:

I think we'll win this 5-1. (If a Hibs season ticket holder referees it, fails to send off a Hibs player for a brutal assault on Naismith  5 minutes into the game to set the tone, awards a penalty to Hibs for a tackle 5 yards outside the box, sends off the offending  Hearts player despite it not being a clear goal scoring opportunity.) If not,  2-0 Hibees.

Imagine you'd posted this before your team scored an offside goal and dived for a penalty but still fucked it.

It never ever changes does it? :lol:

Hearts take their chances, Hibs don't. You can moan about referees, luck, anything else, but it boils down to that.

Nisbet can't place his header properly (good save from Gordon but if it's put in the corner it's unstoppable), Wighton then shows him how to do it with his goal.

Nisbet can't keep his cool and convert a soft-as-f**k penalty, Boyce steps up and shows him how to do it.

As semi finals and derbies go it wasnt a bad spectacle if you were a neutral or jambon I guess

As a Hibs fan same old same old...  Didnt take our chances and too many players just didnt turn up. Boyle, Nisbit and Porteous the worst offenders for me. Also the fact Neilson out manoeuvred Ross in the second half was a worry. Naismith caused all sorts of problems when he came on. We need a stronger squad.

As soon as Nisbit stepped for that penalty I knew he was missing and as soon as he missed I'd have put my mortgage if I had one on Hearts winning..

Soft penalty for the winner but if you go to ground in the box as a defender like that 9/10 a penalty will be given. 

Last but not least.. terrible news about Marius Zaliukas R.I.P. puts it all in perspective.. it's only a game...

43 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

It never ever changes does it? :lol:

Hearts take their chances, Hibs don't. You can moan about referees, luck, anything else, but it boils down to that.

Nisbet can't place his header properly (good save from Gordon but if it's put in the corner it's unstoppable), Wighton then shows him how to do it with his goal.

Nisbet can't keep his cool and convert a soft-as-f**k penalty, Boyce steps up and shows him how to do it.

Aye. The Gordon save was brilliant but he shouldn't have had a chance. Magennis should have scored. Hibs had three moments where a proper pass is played and their team mate is through one on one with Gordon. One of them was a three v two as well.