Celtic FC v Aberdeen (semi final)

Romeo

It was disappointing to see that Celtic couldn't fill their away section in Perth on Sunday. At least it will mean that all reasonable thinking Celtic fans won't be looking for all of the tickets for the semi final.

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It was disappointing to see that Celtic couldn't fill their away section in Perth on Sunday. At least it will mean that all reasonable thinking Celtic fans won't be looking for all of the tickets for the semi final.

Image result for still game gif

Disappointing choice of kick off time for all those waiting to moan about “it’s far too early” or “it’s far too late”. I suppose they’ll just moan about it being on the Sunday. Great choice of day and time.

44 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Disappointing choice of kick off time for all those waiting to moan about “it’s far too early” or “it’s far too late”. I suppose they’ll just moan about it being on the Sunday. Great choice of day and time.

Cheers.

If the club had any sense they should crap the phases of ticket sales and just make it a general sale straight from the start.
Unallocated seating would be a massive help too. 
I think we'll do well to sell 10k for this given the opposition and our Hampden record. 

Some element of phasing stops floods of calls to the ticket office on the first day. Anyone with any kind of buying history will be able to get one within a few days of them going on sale, as has been the case recently. Supporters clubs will get as many as they want from the start.

No chance of unallocated seating officially but you can just pile in wherever you want behind the goals as the Green Brigade do every time at Hampden.

10k seems about right, which would be pretty good for our 13th(?) semi/final under McInnes.

What are the chances I’d be able to pick up a ticket for this, in the Aberdeen end? Wouldn’t mind taking it in as it’s on the Sunday. Assuming it’ll go to a general sale, would they allow someone with no booking history to buy one?

Availability will be fine. Imagine you’ll need a purchasing history though so you either need to buy a ticket for a preceding game or find someone you know who has an account.

Or someone else might have a cleverer idea.

• 4 months later...

Why isn't this happening this week with the final this weekend?

Are new signings going to be allowed to play in the cup?

France are holding their 2019-20 cup final on Friday so before next season starts which makes complete sense. I would imagine this will be the trend around Europe. The daily record are saying that Celtic are complaining about a fixture pile up which is obviously going to happen. I have seen other posters saying that the SFA want to wait to let fans in but bigger competitions (in terms of sponsor, broadcasting, commercial money etc.) than the Scottish cup have went/going ahead without them, the FA cup, the DFB Pokal, Europa league and Champions league. Even then it is an unknown if fans will be allowed whenever it is held.

In my view having it now would mean the teams are as close to last seasons sides as they can be, it would ease any fixture pile ups and it allows next season to start without any carry over from last season.