Celtic FC v Aberdeen (semi final)

Romeo

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

What's the fucking point ? 

Given that Hibs always get the weakest team in the draw, before I even looked I knew we'd drawn Celtic. 

I'm utterly sick of dragging myself to Hampden to watch one-sided shite against these khunts, where we either don't turn up at all/have a man red carded firsthalf/all of the above. 

I remember the one where we scored in the first few minutes. Every other one of the dozen or so semis or finals in the last 10 years against Celtic has been a complete waste of my time and money.... most of them I've been back in the pub after 60 minutes. 

I'm afraid I'm out for this one. I won't even bother watching it on TV. 

That’s the spirit. Thank fcuk I never posted something like this before we went on to beat the chunts 3-2 in the 2013 League Cup semi final. Get a grip man. Get fcukin’ intae’ thum’.... etc, etc.

Guest Bob Mahelp
18 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

That’s the spirit. Thank fcuk I never posted something like this before we went on to beat the chunts 3-2 in the 2013 League Cup semi final. Get a grip man. Get fcukin’ intae’ thum’.... etc, etc.

If you'd played them what seems like twice a year at Hampden for the last 10 years (I realise it isn't, but it feels like it) , and lost every game miserably, I dare say you might not be as cheery. 

On top of that, you have a horrendous kick off time, a long journey there, usually shite weather, hours to get out of the bus car park after another soul destroying capitulation, and a miserable journey back where half the bus starts fighting with each other. 

It's like watching Scotland. Never used to miss a game, now I can barely be arsed turning the telly on. That's what semis and cup finals against Celtic have become I'm afraid. 

There are people on here that will go on endlessly about the poor support that Aberdeen will bring to this game (you know who you are, in fact at least one of you has already been at it), but the bottom line is that we will sell as many as we can, be it 1000 or 10,000. No matter when it is, there will be people complain about the kick off time, but it will either be early or late so we just have to accept that. I love a day out at Hampden, and the semi final of the Scottish Cup is as good a day as any, with the added possibility of another one in the final. And thank the Lord that I don’t have the attitude of Bob Mahelp. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

There are people on here that will go on endlessly about the poor support that Aberdeen will bring to this game (you know who you are, in fact at least one of you has already been at it), but the bottom line is that we will sell as many as we can, be it 1000 or 10,000. No matter when it is, there will be people complain about the kick off time, but it will either be early or late so we just have to accept that. I love a day out at Hampden, and the semi final of the Scottish Cup is as good a day as any, with the added possibility of another one in the final. And thank the Lord that I don’t have the attitude of Bob Mahelp. 

Sorry I've offended you bro. 

Just a personal thing, I still hope with all my heart we win. It's just that I'm utterly sick of these games. 

If you'd played them what seems like twice a year at Hampden for the last 10 years (I realise it isn't, but it feels like it) , and lost every game miserably, I dare say you might not be as cheery.

I know Aberdonians have a rep for being a bit dour but this is ridiculous.

15 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Lennon is just begging for a cup loss in my view. Might be Hibs that hand him it mind. 

I thought St Js today was the best chance of them losing. Always seem to get over the line at Hampden despite some shaky games getting there.

37 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Sorry I've offended you bro. 

Just a personal thing, I still hope with all my heart we win. It's just that I'm utterly sick of these games. 

You’ve not offended me, I’m just glad that I don’t have your mindset in respect of my football team. We’ve only played Celtic at Hampden four times in Derek McInnes’ seven year tenure. Two were 3.0 drubbings, a1.0 match where we were obviously in it until the final whistle, and a 2.1 loss where the winner was scored in injury time. I’ve been to them all, which I presume you have as well. I can’t get my head round how you wouldn’t watch your team in a Scottish Cup semi final. Unless the world comes to an end very shortly, some team, at some point, is going to beat this team with the most arrogant fans outside of Manchester United, and rub their noses in it. It could, I only said could, be us.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

On top of that, you have a horrendous kick off time, a long journey there, usually shite weather, hours to get out of the bus car park after another soul destroying capitulation, and a miserable journey back where half the bus starts fighting with each other. 

It's like watching Scotland. Never used to miss a game, now I can barely be arsed turning the telly on. That's what semis and cup finals against Celtic have become I'm afraid. 

My team also plays the Old Firm a lot. I’ve seen us lose to nine of the cnuts in a final. Since 1976 I’ve maybe seen us win against them a mere handful of times. However, if we had beaten Aberdeen on Saturday night and drawn Celtic in the semi, I wouldn’t expect us to win, but I would firmly believe we had a shot, maybe today could be our day, and I wouldn’t be running up the white flag and bleating like a big wean before a ball was kicked.

47 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
4 hours ago, A96 said:
Does the fact that our tie was drawn out first mean that it’ll be played on the Saturday ?

No, and I have no idea why anybody thinks this is a thing.

I know it must seem odd to a Killie fan., but take my word for it ....semi finals do actually exist.  

I won’t make this one. I’m somewhere between Joey and Bob in my outlook. If you add on the two semis under Broon in 2011, that’s 6 losses to Celtic at Hampden in ten years. It’s so deflating. We’ve had new and exciting ways in which to lose as well, the most recent being to develop their best young player on their behalf for the best part of two years before he goes on to score the winner in a cup final against us. The very literal manifestation of Celtic’s all-encompassing domestic dominance in the last few years.

You do feel that it has to come to an end soon, and yet I cannot for the life of me with any honesty say that it’ll be this time. We’ll find some new way to fail.

I’d still be there, if it were possible. As it goes I’ll likely be on a plane, or stuck in some airport depending on KO time. Pray for my sanity and phone roaming data.

9 hours ago, HibsFan said:

I know Aberdonians have a rep for being a bit dour but this is ridiculous.

Yeah, one of them is also "taunting" a killie fan and Aberdeen have a much bigger budget than them.