Celtic FC v Aberdeen (semi final)

Romeo

10 minutes ago, Elixir said:

When did Aberdeen last win the big cup? Certainly not in my lifetime.

I've seen three. Even Hibs have won it ffs. Hibs.

I've seen five in my lifetime - and I'm not out of my forties yet.  Add in three leagues, five LCs and two European honours...........still blows anything the Edinburgh yoyo clubs have done out of the water.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

What's wrong with asking that? What did he say?

See you next time we need a win sheep.

thank you.

That’s one of the most endearing features of Celtic fans, they are fantastic winners. (Awaits some form of predictable response)

I think, like last week, we had to score first. Could have and possibly should have, but waste these chances and the outcome was fairly predictable once Christie hits that unstoppable shot. Credit to our team for never giving up, but never got a break in front of goal. The only two queries I would have is why McCrorie seemed to stay at the right back position for the whole match, and how Brown got away with his assault on Watkins without even a foul given against him.

33 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I've seen five in my lifetime - and I'm not out of my forties yet.  Add in three leagues, five LCs and two European honours...........still blows anything the Edinburgh yoyo clubs have done out of the water.

Six for me. And the rest as yours. (+ 2 Drybrough Cups, probably not the same cachet as the Tennets Sixes, mind you, although we've won that twice, too.)

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

Hayes being out was always going to make it difficult for us. Was not convinced starting Cosgrove was a great idea but can see why McInnes went with him. Though McCrorie had his poorest game in a Dons shirt. Great strike from Christie for the first but why was he not closed down. Thought cross for second was almost unplayable for Considine. Any touch probably puts it into his own net. 

Celtic were never going to be as poor as they were last week with players they had back and they made as big a difference for them as not having Hayes did for us.

Romeo’s melt down is rather odd giving his teams win. Extra strong meths tonight?

I think Cosgrove had to start, even if he wasn't at full sharpness. We needed a target to hit when we got the ball wide, try to capitalise on our height advantage at set pieces, and somebody to try and occupy their centre-backs, and he was the best available option for that. Edmondson, as far as I'm aware, only started training on Friday and wasn't very effective last week. 

5 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Ah well. Not like we haven't seen this show numerous times over the 28 years I have been on this planet.

As my brother said, Derek McInnes won't win another trophy unless he learns a way to beat Celtic at Hampden.

What I don’t get is fans of other teams coming on here and accusing Derek McInnes of shitting the bed when we play Celtic in the cups. In the last four seasons which teams have beaten Celtic in any domestic cup? The reason we’re high profile is that we get to semi finals and finals where, because nobody else can beat them, we always play them. A victim of our own success, relatively speaking.