Celtic FC v Aberdeen (semi final)

Romeo

No shame in losing that or the performance. I'm sure twitter will be full of #McInnesout despite him going with the 3-4-3 they were asking for. In hindsight we looked better with a back 4 although Celtic were dropping off at that point and content to try and hit us on the counter.

You have to take one of those 6 or so half chances in these games. Difference maker.

Celtic doing what Celtic do. Not many clear cut chances for either team other than the goals.

Celtic using their strength to see out the game after going 2-0 up. They might have been able to add a couple more if required but we never looked like threatening them too much today unfortunately.

You won, Celtic. Enjoy the Final; I hope it makes you very happy. Dear Lord, what a sad little life, Celtic. 

Thought Aberdeen have been the better side, 2 good goals from Celtic though.

Ah well. Not like we haven't seen this show numerous times over the 28 years I have been on this planet.

As my brother said, Derek McInnes won't win another trophy unless he learns a way to beat Celtic at Hampden.

What a monumental waste of time.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Celtic doing what Celtic do. Not many clear cut chances for either team other than the goals.

Celtic using their strength to see out the game after going 2-0 up. They might have been able to add a couple more if required but we never looked like threatening them too much today unfortunately.

Can only disagree with that I'm afraid. We got in behind their full backs several times early on and Hedges had a clear cut chance but didn't want to take it on his right.

Didn't get the break of the ball in the box either. Players snatching at it on their right instead of letting it come across their body and take it on their left.

10 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

No shame in losing that or the performance. I'm sure twitter will be full of #McInnesout despite him going with the 3-4-3 they were asking for. In hindsight we looked better with a back 4 although Celtic were dropping off at that point and content to try and hit us on the counter.

You have to take one of those 6 or so half chances in these games. Difference maker.

Regardless of what the populists on mainstream social media were asking for - I want a manager that can give us a chance of winning a game.

Going with a back three with two wingbacks that essentially don't/ cannot defend, against the movement of Celtic's front players on the pitch the size of Hampden was suicide.  

Starting with Cosgrove was questionable too, but I suppose may have been vindicated if he'd taken that early chance.

We just never look like we really have the belief in the bigger matches - the poor decision making in key areas just spreads throughout the team.

Need to see Brown's tackle that injured Watkins again - the referee gave a bounce ball for what would liked like another unnecessary assault.

Edited by tarapoa

12 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Absolutely shocked that Aberdeen and Hibs shat it.

Aye there's something strangely reassuring in that familiarity, especially with the world turned upside down.  

Anyway, how about Main's guns?  What a hunk.  

10 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Ah well. Not like we haven't seen this show numerous times over the 28 years I have been on this planet.

As my brother said, Derek McInnes won't win another trophy unless he learns a way to beat Celtic at Hampden.

He won't win another trophy then. How many times is that, now?

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Can only disagree with that I'm afraid. We got in behind their full backs several times early on and Hedges had a clear cut chance but didn't want to take it on his right.

Didn't get the break of the ball in the box either. Players snatching at it on their right instead of letting it come across their body and take it on their left.

I'll caveat my original statement with once they went in front we didn't look like getting back into it really. When we get the first goal in these games I think we have a chance. Sadly we rarely do

3 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Regardless of what the populists on mainstream social media were asking for - I want a manager that can give us a chance of winning a game.

Going with a back three with two wingbacks that essentially don't/ cannot defend, against the movement of Celtic's front players on the pitch the size of Hampden was suicide.  

Starting with Cosgrove was questionable too, but I suppose may have been vindicated if he'd taken that early chance.

We just never look like we really have the belief in the bigger matches.  

Come on now. If he went 4 at the back and got slaughtered you'd be complaining he played the way he did.

4 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

The only real question here, is why it’s taken me 48 years to realise that being a football fan is absolute jobbies.

Well done to Celtic though. Wanted it more, budgets etc.

I learned that lesson at 11 years old. 57 years later it's no great comfort, tbh.

Don't forget "football knowledge", that also helps.

Edited by Jacksgranda

On 22/10/2020 at 08:54, kingjoey said:

Let's be greedy and hope for two victories. 

On 22/10/2020 at 10:23, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I would like to think this would be the final nail in the Lenny Coffin.  This or next weekend.

On 22/10/2020 at 11:33, coprolite said:

While I’d love us to win both, I think that Lennon might be open to a deal where we lie down to them in the league in exchange for gifting us the semi.

On 25/10/2020 at 11:41, AngusTheBull said:

Pleased that Bain is playing considering he wouldn’t even make our bench.

On 25/10/2020 at 13:24, Merkland Red said:

Bain is shite.

As I said before Duffy has a couple of mistakes in him every game. 

5 hours ago, Bohemian said:

Big chance this for Aberdeen today.

20 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Craig Gordon asked if he's looking forward to facing Celtic in the final...

What's wrong with asking that? What did he say?

18 hours ago, d31 said:

What an opportunity tomorrow.

See you next time we need a win sheep.

thank you.