Celtic FC v Aberdeen (semi final)

Romeo

20 hours ago, TheDon99 said:

I have a bad feeling that any advantage we gain from Celtic being knackered midweek will be completely counterbalanced by Édouard being back.
In saying that Cosgrove is also back and he'll be far more effective than Edmondson

One positive if Edouard or Griffiths start is that they'd probably only manage an hour.

Guest Bob Mahelp
19 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

who is the thick "pundit" on radio Scotland right now.  Aberdeen will want to put one over Celtic on Sunday as "Del" is a Rangers man - its nae all about the Auld and Infirm ye cock.  He then went to say "the form books got tore (sic) up out the window"???

Sounds like it could be any ***, to be honest. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

On 30/10/2020 at 18:36, Caledonian1 said:

who is the thick "pundit" on radio Scotland right now.  Aberdeen will want to put one over Celtic on Sunday as "Del" is a Rangers man - its nae all about the Auld and Infirm ye cock.  He then went to say "the form books got tore (sic) up out the window"???

It was Ryan Stevenson. Also said that the team talk before the match will involve Derek telling his players to go out and get Lennon the sack.

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, Romeo said:
49 minutes ago, kingjoey said:
“most other”?

Yes.

You're truly The Khincardine, but with a tattie plot, aren't you ? 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

It was Ryan Stevenson. Also said that the team talk before the match will involve Derek telling his players to go out and get Lennon the sack.

Heard this as well. Made a rip roaring James Hunt of himself if I’m being honest.

What an opportunity tomorrow.

We need to bring our top game and weve got a good chance. 

Attack on the wings if Celtic go with 4231. Hedges/Watkins to drift wide and work with the wing back against Frimpong and Laxalt.

It's a different game completely playing Celtic at Hampden, as their record there over the last 4 years or so shows. 
The space that Hampden offers compared to Pittodrie makes it much more difficult to close Celtic down than it was yesterday, and as they've proved countless times against us in the last few years there's a constant danger from their midfield runners finding space. 
Celtic will undoubtedly score. The only thing is, we're much more threatening than we have been in years....we'll score as well. 
But can Taylor, Considine and Hoban do enough to win us the game ? I think it'll come down to that. 

Look at the Hampden pitch dimensions.

Then compare to some club pitches.

The “big” Hampden pitch is a myth.

19 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

You're truly The Khincardine, but with a tattie plot, aren't you ? 

Oooft.  I was just about to wish you well for tomorrow until I saw you comparing me to the half-wit.

Best wishes to Aberdeen tomorrow and I hope all @Bob Mahelp's rowies are stale from now until the end of time.

33 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Oooft.  I was just about to wish you well for tomorrow until I saw you comparing me to the half-wit.

Best wishes to Aberdeen tomorrow and I hope all @Bob Mahelp's rowies are stale from now until the end of time.

If you lived in Aberdeenshire as opposed to the city, nobody there would have called a buttery a freaking rowie.

10 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Look at the Hampden pitch dimensions.

Then compare to some club pitches.

The “big” Hampden pitch is a myth.

This, it's 5m longer and 2m wider than the pitch at Pittodrie. That's not insignificant but it's not notably expansive. It's the same size as the pitches at Ibrox and Easter road (and probably a couple of others in Scotland).

The "Hampden has a massive pitch" myth is an optical illusion. It looks massive because it is a crap football stadium with stands miles from the pitch and massive grass runoffs.

Edited by Captain_Imra7
Edit to add: we lose to Celtic at Hampden because they are a better side than us (due to their superior football knowledge and not budget of course), it's nowt to do with the dimensions of the playing surface.