Celtic FC v Aberdeen (semi final)

Romeo

hoping none of the covid lads get on the plane to France and then Lille win 4-0. 

I fully support all Scottish teams in Europe but I think another defeat here improves Aberdeen chances on Sunday and gives a wee chance of Lennon going on Friday afternoon.

18 minutes ago, d31 said:

hoping none of the covid lads get on the plane to France and then Lille win 4-0. 

I fully support all Scottish teams in Europe but I think another defeat here improves Aberdeen chances on Sunday and gives a wee chance of Lennon going on Friday afternoon.

Surely it's better for us if Lennon and his malaise sticks around? I'd want to avoid a new manager bounce if possible. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

It's a different game completely playing Celtic at Hampden, as their record there over the last 4 years or so shows. 

The space that Hampden offers compared to Pittodrie makes it much more difficult to close Celtic down than it was yesterday, and as they've proved countless times against us in the last few years there's a constant danger from their midfield runners finding space. 

Celtic will undoubtedly score. The only thing is, we're much more threatening than we have been in years....we'll score as well. 

But can Taylor, Considine and Hoban do enough to win us the game ? I think it'll come down to that. 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Surely it's better for us if Lennon and his malaise sticks around? I'd want to avoid a new manager bounce if possible. 

They won't have a new manager in the next few weeks. They might have the existing backroom team taking some games.

It seems like a laugh and a huge over reaction but could they really take a 4-0 on the chin against Lille?

20 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It's a different game completely playing Celtic at Hampden, as their record there over the last 4 years or so shows. 

The space that Hampden offers compared to Pittodrie makes it much more difficult to close Celtic down than it was yesterday, and as they've proved countless times against us in the last few years there's a constant danger from their midfield runners finding space. 

Celtic will undoubtedly score. The only thing is, we're much more threatening than we have been in years....we'll score as well. 

But can Taylor, Considine and Hoban do enough to win us the game ? I think it'll come down to that. 

To use a Mcinnes phrase, if it becomes 'a game of basketball' then I don't particularly fancy our chances.

It's a conundrum as in an ideal world for Derek he'd want yesterday's first half, albeit with us offering more in an attacking threat, but Hampden isn't conducive to that as you say. Celtic will exploit the space if we invite them onto us too much. Also assuming that Griffiths is getting closer to starting and Edouard could be back.

Celtic are still clear favourites here but we have the ability to win it.

On 26/10/2020 at 14:12, Dons_1988 said:

To use a Mcinnes phrase, if it becomes 'a game of basketball' then I don't particularly fancy our chances.

It's a conundrum as in an ideal world for Derek he'd want yesterday's first half, albeit with us offering more in an attacking threat, but Hampden isn't conducive to that as you say. Celtic will exploit the space if we invite them onto us too much. Also assuming that Griffiths is getting closer to starting and Edouard could be back.

Celtic are still clear favourites here but we have the ability to win it.

I refuse to believe McInnes said that because there wasn't a 'wur' in it.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Last night was a microcosm of what Celtic seemed to have developed into under Lennon. Strong up front with plenty of players who look like they can create and score goals, and jittery at the back with plenty of players desperate to commit rash fouls or take fresh air swipes at the ball. 

I don't think Sunday will end up 0-0.

I worry if Edouard plays. he is a cut above anything in this country, when he wants to be. however, if they play with a back three of Duffy, Bitton and Welsh, or a back 4 with two of them in the middle, we should have a decent chance of scoring ourselves. Using McInnes phrasing - this very well could turn into a basketball game. 

Canna wait like

I'd say these are the predicted line ups.

Lewis

Hoban Taylor Considine

McLennan McCrorie Ferguson Hayes

Hedges Cosgrove Watkins

Bain

Frimpong Bitton Duffy Laxalt

McGreogr Brown

Christie Rogic Elyoun

Edouard/Griffiths

Dons will be hoping to make it a 90 min match again so that fatigue/fitness is relevant.

I presume Celtic will change the striker from Ajeti.

I presume Celtic will pick Bitton ahead of Welsh even though he won't a manage a 90.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Brown looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights last week as Aberdeen picked up the pace by bringing Wright on. 

I had to check that he wasn't towing a caravan. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

who is the thick "pundit" on radio Scotland right now.  Aberdeen will want to put one over Celtic on Sunday as "Del" is a Rangers man - its nae all about the Auld and Infirm ye cock.  He then went to say "the form books got tore (sic) up out the window"???