St Mirren ‘oot the cup v St Johnstone ‘oot the cup

With Hamilton taking the lead against Rangers, this game looks a bit pivotal to St Mirren.

Lose tonight, and lose against a resurgent Hearts, and they're only 1 point off the bottom.

Goodwin’s favourite sub after 60 minutes hasn’t work the past 40 times, I doubt anything will change tonight. I don’t believe Jakubiak can only run about for 60 minutes a game. Pish substitution. Fail to see what League of Ireland superstar McGrath has done to merit 90 mins lurking around the pitch.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

With Hamilton taking the lead against Rangers, this game looks a bit pivotal to St Mirren.

Lose tonight, and lose against a resurgent Hearts, and they're only 1 point off the bottom.

Kiss of death. Right there. Thanks. 

FT 0-0

Ah frustrating. Much the better team, second half especially. Couldn’t kick the door down though, hit the post twice plenty of half chances and long range efforts but didn’t work the keeper enough.

Much worse point than it would have been had Hamilton and Hearts not won... Positives are that County are very much back in it. Win our game in hand and we’ll go above them all other things being equal. That’s 3 games against the Saintees this season, 5 points and 0 goals conceded.

Imagine we'll play better than that and lose games so can't complain too much. Threatened in spells but undoubtedly missed Hendry's directness. Craig's sending off came at a crucial time when we were beginning to look more dangerous. Think Butcher should have been on earlier especially with Craig on a card.

Kerr was very good again while Mccart I felt was a little rash at times getting too tight at times. Both full backs did well defensively.

We weren’t great tonight and probably would’ve lost that game by at least a couple earlier in the season. Happy to take away a point. I don’t think st Mirren did enough to earn the win to be honest - they didn’t create anything clear cut despite being the better side pretty much all night. 

St Mirrens inability to win games like that are going to f**k them.

Caused by the same unimaginative pish from Goodwin. He’s far too negative and it will cost us. Andreu on for Jakubiak after 60 minutes is not going to change any game, no matter how many times he tries it. How Mullen can’t get any minutes is well beyond me. Had Craig not been sent off he wouldn’t have made another change, it’s boring now.

We weren’t great tonight and probably would’ve lost that game by at least a couple earlier in the season. Happy to take away a point. I don’t think st Mirren did enough to earn the win to be honest - they didn’t create anything clear cut despite being the better side pretty much all night. 
I think this is right. We had shots from outside the box, a cross that hit the post, but at no point did we carve St Johnstone open.

It's amazing how things change so quickly. After winning at Motherwell we were looking above us and hoping to pull away from the bottom two. Fast forward a week and Hearts have had two good wins (albeit one in the cup) and Hamilton have turned over Rangers at Ibrox and we look to be struggling again.

Wallace was good, Chabbi's header was decent and a bit unlucky but he didn't have enough time to show more. Thought Andreu and Morais were the wrong subs.

I couldn’t believe that Goodwin took Jakubiak off to be honest. I thought the front two were playing well and looked like they might create something from nothing. The problem for St Mirren was the service from the midfield and out wide. It probably didn’t help that our strongest performers were all in the back 4 as well. 

Edited by Kyle

I couldn’t believe that Goodwin took Jakubiak off to be honest. I thought the front two were playing well and looked like they might create something from nothing. The problem for St Mirren was the service from the midfield and out wide. It probably didn’t help that our strongest performers were all in the back 4 as well. 
We could see that. f**k knows what Goodwin was seeing.

St Johnstone pick up a 0-0 point away from home...

35 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Imagine we'll play better than that...

27 minutes ago, Kyle said:

We weren’t great tonight...

18 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I think this is right. We had shots from outside the box, a cross that hit the post, but at no point did we carve St Johnstone open...

... St Johnstone, doing St Johnstone things.