St Mirren ‘oot the cup v St Johnstone ‘oot the cup

I will raise you and say we will never see him play for saints again....

Awww what happened? Was looking forward to a maverick winger with no fear.

17 minutes ago, Widge said:

Awww what happened? Was looking forward to a maverick winger with no fear.

Spoiler

1557950981_13508570-e1493900548877(1).thumb.jpg.4d31db6d9f568316010ac7e81b97aa87.jpg

19 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Must be nice to be in a position to make changes.

Clark

Ralston - Kerr - McCart - Booth

MOH - Holt - Craig - Jones

Swanson 

Kane

Would see us able to change 8 players from our last line up and still have a competitive looking side.

#Depth

58 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:
1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:
I’m going to make a bold prediction and and say that we will never see Izzy Jones start a match for St Johnstone.

I will raise you and say we will never see him play for saints again....

Bumped into Izzy Jones on Sunday and asked how he was getting on at Saints.  He was really dejected and said he did not know what was wrong and how he was not getting near the squad.  Noticed he was not mixing with other guys not in squad but seemed to be a bit of a loner.  

Shame for the guy but suppose that is football.

45 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Bumped into Izzy Jones on Sunday and asked how he was getting on at Saints.  He was really dejected and said he did not know what was wrong and how he was not getting near the squad.  Noticed he was not mixing with other guys not in squad but seemed to be a bit of a loner.  

Shame for the guy but suppose that is football.

Thought that he looked really lively when he came on at Ayr and he gave a great interview. 

Agree, shame if we don't see him in a Saints shirt again.  Thought the lad had something. 

With Swanson still apparently in the wilderness and out of contract at the end of the season, we're definitely looking thin on the left. 

4 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

You could also easily put Gordon in for McCart. 

He played in the last game.

Pisser this isnt on saints TV. Big opportunity to close gap on hibs and potentially Livi.

Back to 4 at the back. Ralston replacing Gordon, Booth replacing Tanser and Wright and Wotherspoon wide of McCann and Butcher in midfield. There's options there to freshen things up beyond that too - not something that was the case first half the season in most positions.

We know that TW can just freeze players out but this situation is really strange.Swanson is frozen out and after we sell Kennedy Jones is brought in.Jones gets game time against Ayr and looks ok.Then he is frozen out and Swanson appears back in the squad.TW looks like he has no intention of playing Swanson and he is just a bench filler while Jones sits in the stand.Obviously something has gone on that we are unaware of..

If anyone thinks Jones looked okay against Ayr they know f**k all about football. He looked exactly like he is, a guy who's taken one step into professional football and has A LOT to learn. The boy was clean through and fell over.

Swanson was going to come on against the rangers until someone, I think it was Zander, went down injured, he's not frozen out.

Anyway, strongest team possible, Buddies 1 Saints 2.

Obviously don't know the situation with Jones but maybe he's seen them all in training and realised Swanson is a better option so is just ahead of him in the pecking order? Doesn't have to be a drama - wouldn't be the first time a deadline day gamble hasn't worked out, if that is indeed the case.

Considering how decent Butcher has been, a 50% hit rate is alright for young loanees from the EPL U23 leagues.

Anyone who thinks a one-off falling over is a marker of anything to do with football ability is in a poor position to question whether others know 'f**k all about football' . Terminology of a p***k in my eyes. 

It might be he's not at our level but a single slip doesn't evidence that. 

It's not like as you drop through the leagues Sunday pitches are full of lads just collapsing to the floor as they try and run around. 

Chance to put right that horrendous effort last time we visited Paisley. Looked good for 5 minutes then retreated into defeat. I was disgusted with that performance and hope our players remember it.
Don’t mind losing if we’ve put in the effort and our opponents play better, but that was a huge disappointment.

12 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Anyone who thinks a one-off falling over is a marker of anything to do with football ability is in a poor position to question whether others know 'f**k all about football' . Terminology of a p***k in my eyes. 

It might be he's not at our level but a single slip doesn't evidence that. 

It's not like as you drop through the leagues Sunday pitches are full of lads just collapsing to the floor as they try and run around. 

:lol:

I thought langtoun was a certainty but to get the dotter in there first is an unexpected bonus.