St Mirren ‘oot the cup v St Johnstone ‘oot the cup

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I saw a Saints derby once, the same one where Michel Platini walked out off and claimed ''this is not football''.

Upset because someone forgot to slip a brown envelope full of cash into his camelhair coat pocket.

I doubt any St Johnstone fan gives a f**k about this game, tbh. Our season is all but done now and looks like an 8th/9th placed finish.

Huge effort put in today on a proper bog, so plenty of tired legs going into this. Be a vastly different line up to todays, I'd imagine.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I doubt any St Johnstone fan gives a f**k about this game, tbh. Our season is all but done now and looks like an 8th/9th placed finish.

Huge effort put in today on a proper bog, so plenty of tired legs going into this. Be a vastly different line up to todays, I'd imagine.

Given that we didn't try last night against Aberdeen,  we should be super fresh for this one. 

A Hearts defeat to Hibs hopefully on Tuesday night coupled with a Hamilton defeat at Ibrox on Wednesday. 

Need to go all out for the 3pts in this one given we've got Celtic at Parkhead on Saturday. 

I’m looking forward to this game. A tough game with both sides in a decent run of form prior to cup defeats this weekend. 

Hopefully we’ll start with 2 up top as it brings the best out of our two best strikers. The team looks comfortable in either a 4-4-2 or a 3-5-2 now so happy enough with us going with either. I wouldn’t be surprised if we made 2 or 3 changes after the team played on such a heavy pitch today. 

Hopefully the St. Johnstone players are as switched off to this game as their fans. 

We need to pull a performance out the hat. That last night was textbook from us. 80 minutes of bluster and nothing to show for it in an attacking sense. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Suspect we’ll make changes given the number of games we’ve had and coming up again. The likes of McCann we’re running on empty yesterday. Holt, Craig, Booth, Kane all likely you come back in I’d imagine. Possibly O’Halloran and Ralston as well, so more than half a team.

2 hours ago, Widge said:

Suspect we’ll make changes given the number of games we’ve had and coming up again. The likes of McCann we’re running on empty yesterday. Holt, Craig, Booth, Kane all likely you come back in I’d imagine. Possibly O’Halloran and Ralston as well, so more than half a team.

See when you see that, then add in Swanson, McMillan, Anderson, Callachan etc who are nowhere near the team the list just goes on and on. No wonder our wage bill needs trimmed.

Huge game for us where we really must get 3 points given the next match is at Celtic on Saturday.  League status was always the priority for me, getting to the cup quarter final was great but this game is far more important. Let’s hope we turn up and find some cutting edge.

18 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Hopefully the St. Johnstone players are as switched off to this game as their fans. 

I imagine our last "performance" in Paisley might encourage a reaction from them tbh. St Johnstone teams rarely let things like that lie.

Just wanted to say I care about this game. We still have a wee chance of top six, so yeah, this matters.

11 hours ago, Widge said:

Must be nice to be in a position to make changes. We will be playing the four fit defenders we have (we have five when they're all fit). We'll be playing the two fit CMs we have, two of three fit wingers (McAllister clearly can't run properly) and the 2/6 forwards that appear to be in favour.

The only possible change I can see is maybe Andreu back in at 10, or maybe McGrath at 10 with Morias wide.

Clark

Ralston  Kerr  McCart  Booth

Wright  Holt  Craig Wotherspoon

MOH

Hendry

Think we'll go to a back 4 for this with the 2 regular full-backs.

Other than that it's a tough one to call. Think we need to play Wight until we know for sure he's not staying while there's still the outside chance of the top 6. Ali has definitely earned a rest, could say the same about Spoony but we've not got a lot of option down the left with Matty gone so need to look at that in the summer. Butcher probably another that needs to put his feet up for a bit, he's played a lot recently for a guy that wasn't playing at all until he came to us. 

Mikey needs some game time, could have him push out to left wing with Spoony dropping inside if it's a 1 up front night. No real need for that though IMO, if we don't get 3 points we're not getting top 6 so we need to push for it while it's still a possibility.

Close one I expect. 1-2 away win, Hendry in the first half,  Durmus equaliser, May late winner off the bench. 

Just now, Valentino Bolognese said:

Well of course and I’d happily see him there ... but we all know it’s not happening. 

Is it ...?

As much chance as seeing Jones, IMO.