Corona virus threat to live football

TFW

11 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

No more "Matches On" or "Matches Off" threads for a while - Saturdays just won't be the same.

I'm sure "Junior Football what is the future" will keep us all going until August 2022 at least

24 minutes ago, santheman said:

We can always have a 50 page discussion about toilets as well

And the cultural aspects of the Larkhall working class viz a viz the mid 19th Century Lanarkshire coalfields and it's the links with the formation of association football.

1 hour ago, Tutankhamen said:

And the cultural aspects of the Larkhall working class viz a viz the mid 19th Century Lanarkshire coalfields and it's the links with the formation of association football.

5/10

Gettin better Tut

23 minutes ago, Mystic Blastie said:
6 hours ago, Ross. said:
Any truth to the rumour that the SJFA asked the virus to postpone so they could get the cup games played?

Aye... and Gordon Ronney created the Coronavirus as a stalling tactic to keep the Juniors alive....Change the record FFS!!!

Are you genuinely that thick that you couldn’t see what was clearly a terrible joke, or simply that raging with anger that you couldn’t see it?

2 hours ago, santheman said:

We can always have a 50 page discussion about toilets as well

Never mind 150 grand to build them, the way folk are panic buying loo roll it will soon cost 150 grand to use them.

27 minutes ago, Mystic Blastie said:
6 hours ago, Ross. said:
Any truth to the rumour that the SJFA asked the virus to postpone so they could get the cup games played?

Aye... and Gordon Ronney created the Coronavirus as a stalling tactic to keep the Juniors alive....Change the record FFS!!!

That's nonsense, it was Fort William who had no way of completing their fixtures. Sent their groundsman to Hunan with deer shite.

7 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Never mind 150 grand to build them, the way folk are panic buying loo roll it will soon cost 150 grand to use them.

Personally I'm going to use torn up strips of the Sun just like the old days before the brilliant innovation that was  Izal (if you're old enough to remember the pleasant experience that was)

1 hour ago, santheman said:

Personally I'm going to use torn up strips of the Sun just like the old days before the brilliant innovation that was  Izal (if you're old enough to remember the pleasant experience that was)

I remember it from Primary School - it's didn't really wipe your arse, just moved the shit about.

7 hours ago, Ross. said:

Are you genuinely that thick that you couldn’t see what was clearly a terrible joke, or simply that raging with anger that you couldn’t see it?

Ross, you are picking on the wrong guy and also barking up the wrong tree. The chap you are engaging with is far from being "thick" as you put it...and has a fine, dry, sense of humour. Maybe you've lived with Swiss people too long to appreciate the nuance if you think that is him "raging with anger". What he definitely has is an effective range of fishing tackle. Probably designed by the Austrians just to reel you in.

He may release you back in to the wild if you are also prepared to give up on the combative "us & them" type of approach.

Wee Andy is actually looking forward to the same pyramid as you & me...but, like myself, he really can't be arsed with the crowing triumphalist sort of posts we've been reading recently.

It seems that this might be the very time for the olive branches that Gordon Ronney was asking clubs to hold out in the first place.

4 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Ross, you are picking on the wrong guy and also barking up the wrong tree. The chap you are engaging with is far from being "thick" as you put it...and has a fine, dry, sense of humour. Maybe you've lived with Swiss people too long to appreciate the nuance if you think that is him "raging with anger". What he definitely has is an effective range of fishing tackle. Probably designed by the Austrians just to reel you in.

He may release you back in to the wild if you are also prepared to give up on the combative "us & them" type of approach.

Wee Andy is actually looking forward to the same pyramid as you & me...but, like myself, he really can't be arsed with the crowing triumphalist sort of posts we've been reading recently.

It seems that this might be the very time for the olive branches that Gordon Ronney was asking clubs to hold out in the first place.

You can try the old “Lost in translation” or pretend it was an expert level fishing trick all you want, but no amount of backing your pal up can disguise the fact that he clearly missed my joke when hitting reply to the comment.

There is no “us and them” from my side. I’ve said it too often, to me it’s just football. Too many have interests which extend beyond that and they have spent years now trying to ensure those interests were served first. I will make no attempts to disguise the schadenfreude that comes with seeing them finally be forced to give in.