Cheltenham 2020

jagfox

Went with Fiddler in the money back 1st, just don't fancy Shiskin at all. Asterion Forlonge is classy though, but a bit short in price.

Brewinupastorm for the Arkle, Marie Banrigh e/w.

Champion Hurdle is poor this year imo. Small e/w on Sharjah, Supasundae and Silver Streak for interest.

Stormy Ireland e/w in the Mares and a Benie/Stormy forecast.

Precious cargo e/w in the 4.50.

Carefully Selected will probably win the last, but going for Forza Milan e/w as it's going to be a slog and the Milan horses are built tough, plus O'Connor is one of the better amateurs.

Good luck everyone.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

I like the look of Abracadabrus in the opener. Might go each way on Cornerstone Lad in the Champion Hurdle as well

Pray for rain softer the better for Cornerstone Lad. I too like Abracadabra in the 1st although as usual wi the festival they are mostly wide open races. I'm gonnae be a party pooper here and go against Tiger Roll in the cross country race on Wednesday. There are 2 decent French horses ( one of which Easyland was impressive over course and distance in November that led to the legendary J P McManus buying him) in that speciality race and the even money Tiger looks a bit skinny. I'm off to Sedgefield tomorrow and Hexham Thursday wi Cheltenham on the big screens. I find these wee meetings easier and a lot more comfortable to enjoy a pint and a punt than the massive ques (even for a piss) everywhere you turn at the festival. Best of luck to everybody this week. 

Asterion Forlonge

Notebook

Epatante

Benie Des Dieux

All favourites, but that’s what I’m back today.

Worst champion hurdle in years. Gutted I’m not going to Cheltenham this year due to work, but got hospitality at Aintree providing it goes ahead next month.

Right lads that’s the winners all picked.

£5 single on Abracadabrus, 1.30
£2 EW on Cornerstone Lad, 3.30

£2 EW treble on Rouge Vif (2.10), Stormy Ireland (4.10) and Imperial Aura (4.50)

£3 double on Pentland Hills (3.30) and Benni Des Deux (4.10)

£10 on Asterion Forlonge returning £35.

£20 on Notebook returning £80.

£5 E/W double on the above two returning £82. 

£5 on Asterion Forlonge and Fiddlerontheroof straight forecast returning £88.

Hoping the conditions don't affect the races too much today with the course now heavy in places.

14 hours ago, VillaKnollBoy said:

Having a punt on Captain Guinness in the Supreme, a bit to find on the form book, but was a decent runner up in a Grade 2 last time out.
Has won on soft previously, so the ground shouldn't be a problem.

#metoo :(