Arbroath vs Dunfermline - Wed 4th March

Nope nothing against the rules but I like the game to be played in a sporting manner and I'm sure if we had done the same in reverse your support would not be happy. Hopefully you will improve and get a couple of wins against qos and Partick.
Beat the runaway league leaders 4 days ago m9.

Nope nothing against the rules but I like the game to be played in a sporting manner and I'm sure if we had done the same in reverse your support would not be happy. Hopefully you will improve and get a couple of wins against qos and Partick.

I don't think Dunfermline were bad at all. They were hard working and got stuck right in, very organised team too. Would 100 percent back them to beat both QOTS and Partick.

6 hours ago, Hammerafc said:
6 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:
I hope you’ve phoned the relevant authorities and didn’t clutch your pearls too tightly.

You hoping we’ll keep them away from you?

Wanting the game to be played all sweetness and innocence is quite silly really, there’s not a single player who doesn’t cheat on weekly basis, complaining about players doing what they are actually entitled too is odd when far more dirty things happen all the time.

Edited by parsforlife

16 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:
23 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:
I hope you’ve phoned the relevant authorities and didn’t clutch your pearls too tightly.

It didn’t lead to a goal so I quite sensibly wouldn’t have given two shits about it.

I’m if we did score then we’d have let you equalise, as seen in the Leeds-Villa game last season. It’s really not important.

I don't think Dunfermline were bad at all. They were hard working and got stuck right in, very organised team too. Would 100 percent back them to beat both QOTS and Partick.
I agree, decent team but was a poor game, one to be forgotten.

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I'm not sure what that is based on. We have the same number of points and a home win each. Just a case of 2 evenly matched sides.

Well sir, my drivel was brought to you by the fact that I thought we had a draw and a loss against Arbroath this season. 🙄

Frankly, I am delighted with the point. We looked better in the 2nd half but a draw is a good result. Starting to look real threadbare in terms of our top personnel, especially if Ashcroft is now crocked. 

A really dire game of football. The only positives were that both teams were very solid defensively and didn’t give much away.

I thought we just shaded the first half, with the strike from Thomson and Swankies snapshot being the only highlights. Dunfermline offered nothing.

2nd half Dunfermline started much better and had the best chance of the game with the header that went straight into Gastons arms.

We then finished the game stronger and had a few dangerous moments near the end that came to nothing. 

Fair result and another clean sheet is pleasing, Virtanen won nearly everything in the middle of the pitch once again and thought the big striker did well for Dunfermline. 

Hope the Dunfermline striker was proud of himself trying to score when they were playing the ball back to us after their player was injured. Ref was shocking much like the game.
Pretty sure that's due to the new rules about restarts - if the ref stops it for an injury or if it hits him, he drops it for a player of the team who he deems was in possession and play continues. If he's not sure, they would have a contested drop ball. You could see that the Arbroath player indicated at one point that he was going to play it to our keeper, and our player was a bit unsure what to do but the referee explained that we'd take possession and told the Arbroath boy to go back the 10 yards. From where I was sat it was one of the few things McKendrick got right! Some of the shouts from our end was just as bad mind you, like complaining about the handball decision at the end of the first half. The penalty shout looked like a decent claim from the far end though, and booking Afolabi for the Arbroath player jumping into him managing to accidentally injure himself in the process was typical of his performance.

As has been said we had the best of the first half and Dunfermline had the best of the second half. Not a great game, but it was a fine evening and a point gained is better than none. Keeps us on the same points as Dunfermline but with a game in hand, hopefully win that in the replay with Ayr. 

Both defences played well and restricted any clear cut chances and high balls (get them as high as you can) were the order of the day. 

Miko will be hard to replace when he goes back to Aberdeen at the end of the season, unless they want to loan him out again and he would be happy to come back to Gayfield.

I'd say a point was pretty fair, Arbroath better in the 1st half, ourselves better in the 2nd. Ref was genuinely baffling, Paton gets tripped, he initially shakes his head, then gives him the foul? Afolabi booked for jumping late despite it happening on both sides all night, just no consistency. A very physical game with not a lot of quality in the final third.

16 hours ago, Hammerafc said:

Hope the Dunfermline striker was proud of himself trying to score when they were playing the ball back to us after their player was injured. Ref was shocking much like the game.

What are you on about, it's not like you put the ball out of play. The referee stopped play and gave us a bounce ball. If you want to be pedantic the bounce ball should be where the team had possession which was about 15/20 yards further forward from where the referee took it. 

14 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
16 hours ago, Hammerafc said:

Pretty sure that's due to the new rules about restarts - if the ref stops it for an injury or if it hits him, he drops it for a player of the team who he deems was in possession and play continues. If he's not sure, they would have a contested drop ball. You could see that the Arbroath player indicated at one point that he was going to play it to our keeper, and our player was a bit unsure what to do but the referee explained that we'd take possession and told the Arbroath boy to go back the 10 yards. From where I was sat it was one of the few things McKendrick got right! Some of the shouts from our end was just as bad mind you, like complaining about the handball decision at the end of the first half. The penalty shout looked like a decent claim from the far end though, and booking Afolabi for the Arbroath player jumping into him managing to accidentally injure himself in the process was typical of his performance.

blockquote widget

Edited by 101
f**k knows why I've quoted Salvo who has got it spot on

Looking back at this even though it was a tough watch 0-0 was probably the fair result, was a real slugfest against a very strong aggressive and well organised Dunfermline side, We shaded the  first half and could easily  have been a couple of goals up with them edging the second half, another point though closer to safety 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

1 hour ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Looking back at this even though it was a tough watch 0-0 was probably the fair result, was a real slugfest against a very strong aggressive and well organised Dunfermline side, We shaded the  first half and could easily  have been a couple of goals up with them edging the second half, another point though closer to safety 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Are you boys really still giving it the "safety" patter? 

52 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Are you boys really still giving it the "safety" patter? 

Tbf livi were doing it when sitting 2nd!

It was quite funny listening to both managers interviews. Campbell was saying it but basically jokingly cos he doesn’t want to say that he’s now pushing for the playoffs and Crawford called it out for the b.s it was. 

On 04/03/2020 at 21:53, Hammerafc said:

Agree with this, the Pars player goes down injured gets treatment allowed to still be on the pitch and then it was obvious to everyone in the ground that the ball was get passed back to Gaston in the AFC goal from the "Molly-Up" and while both set of players stood thei player (i think Paton) raced onto the back pass to try and score, luckily Ricky Little read it and blocked the shot, you then seen Little going nuts to their cheat!!

The Pars came for a draw, they are a big bullying team, time-wasted at every opportunity and it was obvious all the officials were Skids fans.

The Red Lichties in the first 20 minutes could and should have been 2 or 3 goals up but then got drawn into the Pars air balloon tactics.

Best for AFC was Gaston/TOB/Little and Swanks.  

Agree with this, the Pars player goes down injured gets treatment allowed to still be on the pitch and then it was obvious to everyone in the ground that the ball was get passed back to Gaston in the AFC goal from the "Molly-Up" and while both set of players stood thei player (i think Paton) raced onto the back pass to try and score, luckily Ricky Little read it and blocked the shot, you then seen Little going nuts to their cheat!!
The Pars came for a draw, they are a big bullying team, time-wasted at every opportunity and it was obvious all the officials were Skids fans.
The Red Lichties in the first 20 minutes could and should have been 2 or 3 goals up but then got drawn into the Pars air balloon tactics.
Assuming this is a joke, it is both well executed and quite amusing. Chapeau.

25 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Honestly, what a guy.

Best heads gone I've seen for a while