Arbroath vs Dunfermline - Wed 4th March

Can the Pars build on the impressive performance and result against United or will the inconsistency rear its ugly head once more? We've won 9 and lost 9 of the previous 18 games so it's really anyone's guess.

Comrie, Ross and Nesbit all went off with knocks and Murray and Ashcroft both needed treatment so could be a much-changed starting XI.

I’m predicting our inconsistency to be the problem and result in defeat. 

We could really do with most of the injuries today not resulting in players being out for Wednesday. Our back 4 will be hilariously weak if all of Comrie/Murray/Ashcroft miss out. Ok 2 carried on and we can be hopeful of that meaning they’ll be fit but it still creates absolute fear. We also know how crucial Nisbet is if we want to get 3 points from games.  Outwide we will probably be playing someone out of position but I’m less worried about that since this game is less likely to require creativity and Thomson’s energy should be helpful 

Edited by parsforlife

14 minutes ago, Mexico said:

Absolutely delighted to have a new match thread to get away from that monstrosity the Dundee thread became

Well ,I for one, enjoyed the aggressive seagull pictures taken in Malmo Sweden, and  Rotterdam Holland,posted by a supposed Dundee fan, as a representation of Arbroath.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

How are the conditions meant to look on Wednesday?  Can't help get the feeling if they're windy AF again, we'll lose. However we are a lot stronger than the last game at Gayfield.

Conditions looking ok so far not expected to be windy. Would expect Dunfermline to be better than their last visit here and expecting a far tougher game this time but hopefully the Lichties can do it again.

3 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

All of our home midweek games seem to get played on a Wednesday. Not sure how much of a say we get in it though

I think its pretty much home clubs choice.  FT teams are pretty much guarenteed to be a Tuesday as it fits their working week better with Wednesday being a normal day off. PT teams seem to switch between but seem more often wednesday as it allows to have a training session between games.

Wednesday’s suit me much better so im fine with it [emoji854] Dunfermline and morton r 2 of the form teams in the league confident of getting something from both games, we’ve been really poor in previous games v the pars so an improvement needed.

Wighton to do the business up front and TOB to take care of nisbet at the other end

Seemed to do something to his ankle, although he's played it down since but id be surprised if Crawford risks him up at Arbroath. Last time at Gayfield we had McCann and Coley on the wings, those positions should be considerably upgraded this time around. Hopefully we've also learnt the lesson from hoofball when it's windy... We picked up a few knocks so it's really anyone's guess what the lineup will be come Wednesday night.