Ayr United vs Dundee United

No new injuries or suspensions for tonight according to the match preview (for some reason I thought Harvie was suspended).

Hopefully the weather stays good and we might be able to play our preferred way tonight.

Despite Dundee United fans reservations I still see this as a free hit for us tonight. Taking anything with be a bonus. Hopefully a couple  draws in the games between Morton and ICT, Dunfermline and Arbroath and Alloa defeat Dundee. 

3 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Hope no wee bams abuse Shankland tonight. Learn to recognise a club icon when you see one.

Both Shankland and Smith were consummate professionals and continued to perform to the best of their abilities even when they knew they'd be leaving.

Shankland pretty much gained club legend status in less than two seasons with the club which is virtually unheard of and Smith was possibly our most consistent and reliable player in his time with us, over and above this, since both have left they've continued to be respectful towards Ayr as a club, the fans and their former team mates.

As such, anyone who abuses them should really take a long hard look at themselves.

If that c**t Neilson is planning on starting Powers and Pawlett tonight, he should say now so that people dont have to trail through there for another shitshow and inevitable defeat

11 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

If that c**t Neilson is planning on starting Powers and Pawlett tonight, he should say now so that people dont have to trail through there for another shitshow and inevitable defeat

Powers will 100% start. Pawlett possibly not. 

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

IMG_0695.jpg

I’d imagine this is what we’ll set up like tonight.

I Like the look of that line up, lots of attacking threat but also a decent balance with the likes of Moff & Tiffoney in reserve and Gillespie and Roscoe for cover if required.

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Powers will 100% start. Pawlett possibly not. 

I love your optimism but, sadly, don’t share it.

Based on Pawlett’s performances and Neilson’s options then Pawlett should not be starting.  However that has been the case many times this season when he has started.

We were dire on Saturday but looked better with McMullan and Glass on.  Sporle didn’t do much when he came on but he’s still a better option as a wide player than Bingham.

Jesus i thought our supporters were a fickle bunch but Dundee United fans slating their manager and team even with a champions elect status and 18 points clear is another level.

Be grateful for your team cause if you lose Shankland next season you'll probably be nearer the bottom end of the premiership than the top.

Neilson won’t last next season. His deficiencies have been masked by Shankland and a couple of others when really his recruitment isn’t great, his tactics aren’t great and his arrogance doesn’t match what he’s actually achieved in the game.

Butcher is a big miss for them tonight but I’d still be relatively happy with a point.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Neilson won’t last next season. His deficiencies have been masked by Shankland and a couple of others when really his recruitment isn’t great, his tactics aren’t great and his arrogance doesn’t match what he’s actually achieved in the game.

Butcher is a big miss for them tonight but I’d still be relatively happy with a point.

Wonder where they would actually be in the league without Shanklands goals, be interesting if it would still be top but with a marginal lead or not even top of the league.

Wonder where they would actually be in the league without Shanklands goals, be interesting if it would still be top but with a marginal lead or not even top of the league.

Same logic can be applied to us last season. Or the season prior.

Neither would make for great reading.