Ayr United vs Dundee United

Hoping for a repeat of the last encounter at Somerset. No doubt with our dodgy defence Shankland will come up with the goods although Dundee United haven’t been on the best run lately.

The first of a hectic March for us but given how far ahead they are I’d probably take a draw.

Difficult one to evaluate tonight and quite a few imponderables. 

Dundee United appear to be playing well against their closest rivals and still getting results despite their form tailing off against the teams lower down the league, will this pattern continue ?

Will the Somerset pitch dictate our own style of play and have us playing a more negative game ? or will we attempt to play football and get scuppered ??

Who knows ? this really could go any way tonight.

2 hours ago, dregs 83 said:

Butcher out. 3 points Ayr United

Butcher out will no doubt mean Powers keeps his place. I've been one of Powers' biggest critics, almost from the get go with him (though he was OK v Thistle on his debut) - so you could well be right with your 3 points to Ayr assesment.

Football has a habit of suprising you now and again, and tonight, for some reason, I fancy to be one of those nights

18 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Butcher out will no doubt mean Powers keeps his place. I've been one of Powers' biggest critics, almost from the get go with him (though he was OK v Thistle on his debut) - so you could well be right with your 3 points to Ayr assesment.

Football has a habit of suprising you now and again, and tonight, for some reason, I fancy to be one of those nights

A true underdog story if Dundee United get there win here.

19 minutes ago, Steven W said:

If we play anything like last Tuesday then we'll be in for a skelping.

The pitch at Alloa allowed us to revert to our quick passing game playing through the midfield, however tonight we may end up reverting back to the long ball stuff which really doesn't suit our team at all, if so, then it could be a long night and may possibly end up as a war of attrition.