Raith Rovers vs Falkirk - The Sequel

11 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Is the Stark’s Park pitch Astro? Can’t remember if they changed to AstroTurf or not. Trying to suss if this game will be in doubt over the next 48 hours.

Yeah it's astro. 

I think we have to win this one. I understand people saying a draw isn’t a bad result. We would still top with 9 games to go, we’d all have taken that at the start of the season.

However, we have missed a couple of opportunities to open up a gap recently (yesterday and Stranraer away). After the manner of yesterday’s defeat, to bounce back with a win here would be a huge shot of confidence to both the players and fans.

I remember coming away from the second home game against Ayr two seasons ago, content with a draw and the fact we’d maintained our lead at the top. However, they pumped us both games at Somerset and ultimately won the league by a point so the head to heads made all the difference.

Even if we win on Tuesday there will be plenty twists and turns before the end of the season but I feel you have to make your home games against your nearest rivals count.

Its safe to say both sides will drop points elsewhere but i really think we need to win on Tuesday.

Yesterday's result was a disaster for us and getting an immediate chance to repair the damage and confidence is welcome.

Without doubt this is the biggest game of the season but neither side seems to be up for it.

Score draw.

2 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

Its safe to say both sides will drop points elsewhere but i really think we need to win on Tuesday.

Yesterday's result was a disaster for us and getting an immediate chance to repair the damage and confidence is welcome.

Without doubt this is the biggest game of the season but neither side seems to be up for it.

Score draw.

It was your performance that was a disaster more than the result.  Dixon, Buchanan, Sammon and McMillan were especially grim.  I started to feel embarrassed for you with these two so-called players up front. 

Edited by Fast_Action

I said yesterday it wouldn’t surprise me if we go with a back 3 on Tuesday.

That would make it worse IMO.

I think we could go 4-2-3-1 and protect the two CH’s.

Mutch

Doyle Durnan Buchanan Dixon

Millar Gomis

Todd (if fit) Longridge Connelly

McManus

Just have to wait and see.

Mutch

Millar Gomis

McManus

I'd be happy with that as long as McManus doesn't spend most his time looking for the ball out wide or dropping deep.

If spends the match drifting between Raith's centre halves and staying within the width of the box he'll score.

21 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Mutch

Millar Gomis

McManus

That looks decent tbf. I’ve been looking forward to this game and now after yesterday I’m not so much.

I‘m even thinking of having a couple of pints in Kirkcaldy to settle my nerves.

Clyde for some reason have our number. We have to attack Raith. Defence is their weakness. For reasons I don't understand, our defensive number are fantastic and streets ahead of everyone else. I dont want us to go defensive, I want us to make fucking sure as alluded above, McManus get all the help he needs to make sure he is working away on the last man and in the box. If that means diddy Sammon plays, so be it. We need to get after this game. If we lose we are fucked.

5 hours ago, foreverarover said:

Anyone from Rath TV on this thread ? 

Yes. In terms of coverage we will have live audio for UK and a video stream available for outside the UK . With it being a midweek game, the highlights might be later due to work/family commitments as editing time is limited but it‘ll depend more on the result (goals, pens and reds = more editing time).

Edited by Roath Raver
More information

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Mutch

Millar Gomis

McManus

Been saying this for weeks. McMillan and Sammon have had enough chances to prove they are not up to it.

Not sure I ever want to see the Buchanan/Durnan partnership again tho.