Raith Rovers vs Falkirk - The Sequel

I noticed from Falkirk's line up that Buchanan, Telfer, Sammon and McMillan were all relegated to the bench.  Why was that?

Because every Falkirk fan on here have at one point since Saturday Posted the words “Buchanan, Telfer, Sammon and McMillan our, to be replaced by...”

Miller and McCracken quite clearly have accounts on here.

Thought we were the better team for 65 minutes. McLean’s goal was a cracker but we couldn’t get the second we needed.  The loss of Thomson seemed to shake us and Falkirk came into it and put us under pressure. Frustrated at not holding on for the win, but at least it wasn’t a loss.  The keeper should be embarrassed at his role in the Falkirk  goal, absolutely nowhere. If as it appears, Thomson’s season is done I think that will seriously dent our title hopes.

Agree about McManus, obviously has the talent, but spends most of the match playing the man not the ball or trying to win fouls. If he put as much effort into just trying to play football he’d be a great player. 

15 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Not even remotely close to a foul on the goalkeeper. If anything, he only makes contact with Davidson, who's a hell of a lot closer to dealing with the danger, despite a worse starting position, and the disadvantage of not being able to use his bloody hands.

Yep, Davo blocks Munro...Munro should be more aggressively calling him off, but the Falkirk player crowed Davo back into Munro too.

MacLean’s goal is a beauty. He will be critical on the run in.

How did McManus miss that shot?

Munro did then have a critical save, beating an onrushing Falkirk player to a through ball.

Post and Crossbar, how unlucky was that series?

9 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Thought we were the better team for 65 minutes. McLean’s goal was a cracker but we couldn’t get the second we needed.  The loss of Thomson seemed to shake us and Falkirk came into it and put us under pressure. Frustrated at not holding on for the win, but at least it wasn’t a loss.  The keeper should be embarrassed at his role in the Falkirk  goal, absolutely nowhere. If as it appears, Thomson’s season is done I think that will seriously dent our title hopes.

Agree about McManus, obviously has the talent, but spends most of the match playing the man not the ball or trying to win fouls. If he put as much effort into just trying to play football he’d be a great player. 

If he put as much effort into scoring goals as he did trying to win fouls, he’d be a player 😡. Checks notes, has 8 more league goals than your top scorer. 

Was a pathetic attempt first half to win a pen mind you 

9 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

If he put as much effort into scoring goals as he did trying to win fouls, he’d be a player 😡. Checks notes, has 8 more league goals than your top scorer. 

Was a pathetic attempt first half to win a pen mind you 

He’d not be playing in League One I meant. Would be playing at a much higher level 

Don't really get the Raith were better for 65 minutes. The had a good bit of the ball first half but we missed two good chances and Raith created nothing. The first 25 of the second Raith were better and thought they would score again TBH.

The Raith love in with Thomson is laughable. He is utterly dreadful too and would cost Raith in the run in at some point as he did with us.

As for us we are criminal to watch at times but we are organised and won't lose many goals which may just see us over the line but it won't be pretty.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Don't really get the Raith were better for 65 minutes. The had a good bit of the ball first half but we missed two good chances and Raith created nothing. The first 25 of the second Raith were better and thought they would score again TBH.

The Raith love in with Thomson is laughable. He is utterly dreadful too and would cost Raith in the run in at some point as he did with us.

As for us we are criminal to watch at times but we are organised and won't lose many goals which may just see us over the line but it won't be pretty.

There isn't really a love in with Thomson. He's a far better keeper than Munro, who has consistently cost us goals. We would not have lost last night if he had gone off. 

Thomson was playing at a better level with Falkirk. He's perfectly fine for league 1.  I haven't seen any evidence at all that he would cost us in the same way Munro has. 

The foul that led up to the Falkirk goal was just plain daft of Munro should have done better but since when are any of our keepers been great with crosses! It was only a few weeks ago Thomson got a way with one down at Stranraer which led to a goal but was luckily called offside.
As for bringing back Mcgurn he was exactly on fire before he was dropped and let's be honest we won several games where Munro did well.

1 point from 6 isnt good at all at this stage of the season, but happy to be top. If you'd said to me leaving Falkirk in December that we'd still be top of the league after this fixture I would have been delighted.

Thought the first half was a shit spectacle for a neutral, but it was a  cagey affair. Falkirk put everyone behind the ball and were incredibly well organised. To be fair, we tried to retain possesion and work an opening but just weren't able to. Not entertaining but neither side were poor as such. Stinker of a miss from Mcmanus though. 

I would have probably taken a draw at half time given how tight things were, but I was quite dissapointed to not win the game in the end. Our goal was really good, a rare moment where Hendry got a bit of space to feed in Matthews, and a lovely through ball for MacLean who finished well. Bowie should have done better moments later, Armstrong forced a good save from the keeper and Maclean should have done better following a dropped ball. Not guilt edged chances, but we were comfortable. 

Thomson going off was the killer. Munro has been consistently shit from crosses, and given that has happened against Falkirk already they knew that. Pish goal to lose. Don't buy the argument that Davidson got in the way, keeper should come and win that. 

At 1-1 in such a tense game it could have went either way. Hit the bar twice and Matthews hit just wide.

Dont think Falkirk overly threatened at 1-1 other than a header flashed wide from the No 2.

If Miller is seen as a significant upgrade for Falkirk then it's quite a statement on their other strikers (other than Mcmanus). Other than throwing himself about a bit and blazing the ball over I don't think he did much at all.

Cant imagine fans of either side feel they have much to fear. I thought Falkirk look a good bit better than East Fife or Airdrie did in recent months, and whilst it's tempting to look over our shoulders at the chasing pack, I doubt we will see both sides drop enough points to let them in enough to win the league. One might. 

I feel more confident of winning the league than I did earlier in the season or even going into yesterday's game. But its going to be tight. 

I felt a draw was probably a fair result. However, both sets of fans will probably think they had the best chances to win it. Cagey first half with Falkirk happy to let us have the ball in our own half. Second half was better but it was evident both teams were worried about losing. 

I said before the game it was important to win. I still feel we might look back on this as a missed opportunity come the end of the season. Neither teams looks like winning 5 or 6 in a row so getting 3 points last night would have been huge.

Falkirk remind me a bit of us in our first season at this level under Barry Smith (football wise as well as a lot of the off the field stuff and disliking half you own players). Organised defensively, hard to break down and very direct with lots of long balls going forward. It’s not great to watch but it’s effective. I think that defensive organisation gives them the edge for the run in but I thought that with us under Barry Smith too...

I still expect Falkirk to win the league but that’s through my natural pessimism for the Rovers rather than anything I’ve actually watched. The three draws in the league and last nights game show there is really nothing between the two sides. I’d imagine both sets of fans will think they have the better side but there really is very little in it.

The main concern for us is Thomson’s injury, looks like he’ll be out for a while. Said to my mates as soon as Munro came on that corners and crosses would cause us all sorts of bother. Expected us to hold out longer than 3 minutes though... He’s a young keeper, his confidence looks shot but we really can’t afford to be lumbered with a bomb scare for the remainder of the season, he needs to step up and get back to the decent form he showed earlier in the season.

All to play for, plenty twists and turns to come, can’t see either side running away with it. I think Falkirk have a slightly better run in so I’d still make them favourites but there’s every chance it could come down to the last day which terrifies me tbh.

8 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

I felt a draw was probably a fair result. However, both sets of fans will probably think they had the best chances to win it. Cagey first half with Falkirk happy to let us have the ball in our own half. Second half was better but it was evident both teams were worried about losing. 

I said before the game it was important to win. I still feel we might look back on this as a missed opportunity come the end of the season. Neither teams looks like winning 5 or 6 in a row so getting 3 points last night would have been huge.

Falkirk remind me a bit of us in our first season at this level under Barry Smith (football wise as well as a lot of the off the field stuff and disliking half you own players). Organised defensively, hard to break down and very direct with lots of long balls going forward. It’s not great to watch but it’s effective. I think that defensive organisation gives them the edge for the run in but I thought that with us under Barry Smith too...

I still expect Falkirk to win the league but that’s through my natural pessimism for the Rovers rather than anything I’ve actually watched. The three draws in the league and last nights game show there is really nothing between the two sides. I’d imagine both sets of fans will think they have the better side but there really is very little in it.

The main concern for us is Thomson’s injury, looks like he’ll be out for a while. Said to my mates as soon as Munro came on that corners and crosses would cause us all sorts of bother. Expected us to hold out longer than 3 minutes though... He’s a young keeper, his confidence looks shot but we really can’t afford to be lumbered with a bomb scare for the remainder of the season, he needs to step up and get back to the decent form he showed earlier in the season.

All to play for, plenty twists and turns to come, can’t see either side running away with it. I think Falkirk have a slightly better run in so I’d still make them favourites but there’s every chance it could come down to the last day which terrifies me tbh.

No way are we favourites. Rovers are the better side, imo. Both teams will drop points between now and May meaning I think it’ll still be winnable for both come the last game of the season. If we can stay 1 point behind for the challenge cup game and win on the Saturday to put us top it’ll be interesting to see how Raith react to the pressure. Is your postponed fixture the following Tuesday? 

Injuries to key players has been the narrative throughout our time in League 1. Hopefully this is the season we battle through it and end up back in the Championship. 

First half last night was just a battle. Second half we had the better chances but we could still have lost the game. We need to do better when presented with chances to win a game.