Raith Rovers vs Falkirk - The Sequel

Declan McManus is the epitome of the type of player you live when they play for you and fucking hate when they’re against you. A bit like John Baird.

It’s weird that I think McManus both gets a hard time from referees but at the same time gets a way with a lot. Every game he will get 5/6/7 fouls given against him but I can’t think of a time he’s been booked for persistent fouling. Whilst he is fond of going down rather easily I feel he’s sometimes an easy target for referees and a lot of the 50/50 decisions seem to go against him.

The referee was shite tonight, but how many times do fans of all teams say that all over the country say that week after week? Said at half time that the longer that game went on, the more the falkirk players would be going to ground and a goal would come from it, although i had said it may come from a pen. Everytime there was a raith player near them, they would just hold back and wait on the raith player making contact. The referee gave it every single time. Yet when a raith player done it, the majority of the time he waved play on.

Declan McManus is the epitome of the type of player you live when they play for you and fucking hate when they’re against you. A bit like John Baird.
this.

for the last 9 games we need players that are a nightmare to play against and worry opposition players and fans and give our fans belief and confidence. sammon and McMillan don't do that. I'd put longridge with McManus up front and bring Lee Miller on for the final 20 minutes.

1 minute ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Heard a suggestion of a foul on our 'keeper for the equaliser. 

What's the opinion of the Falkirk supporters who had a better view? 

Lee Miller had one of his arms up obstructing him so it might well have been given as a foul. 

On the other hand, Benedictus had both hands on McManus when he scored so swings and roundabouts. 

4 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Heard a suggestion of a foul on our 'keeper for the equaliser. 

What's the opinion of the Falkirk supporters who had a better view? 

No chance. Miller was standing in his general vicinity but he should've cleaned him out and taken everything.

I thought we were dire for 70 minutes. We had five in midfield but were content moving the ball out to Dixon and Doyle and letting them aimlessly blast the ball up the park. Doyle in particular has taken about 4 years off my life this season.

If Thomson hadn't got injured we would've lost tonight.

E7AB2F02-57CE-4EE3-ADE2-57AB387C0832.thumb.jpeg.4f479e30a14f788898fb6c1be6b011b3.jpeg

This photo really doesn’t look favourably on Munro, does it?

McManus gets a hard time from the Rovers support so its natural he’s going to give a bit back. Hard to forget that he was an absolute and utter shitebag for us in one of the worst Rovers sides I’ve ever seen; one that was relegated with him up front for the majority of the season. 

Just now, Marshmallo said:

No chance. Miller was standing in his general vicinity but he should've cleaned him out and taken everything.

I thought we were dire for 70 minutes. We had five in midfield but were content moving the ball out to Dixon and Doyle and letting them aimlessly blast the ball up the park. Doyle in particular has taken about 4 years off my life this season.

If Thomson hadn't got injured we would've lost tonight.

Agree with that. 

I thought Falkirk were very well organised, you won't concede much goals. Pretty dull to watch though. 

Two very different sides to be honest. Can't really call the title race. 

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Bowie should have been hooked at the same time as Spencer and Baird brought on imo. Was it Bowie that also nabbed the shot from (Matthews?) not long after we went 1 up?

Agree,hes been off the boil for a while now and he did nab the ball from Matthews who was in a much better position and blasted over the bar

Great save from Armstrongs free kick,two of the woodwork and on balance of play thought we desreved to win the game

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

E7AB2F02-57CE-4EE3-ADE2-57AB387C0832.thumb.jpeg.4f479e30a14f788898fb6c1be6b011b3.jpeg

This photo really doesn’t look favourably on Munro, does it?

McManus gets a hard time from the Rovers support so its natural he’s going to give a bit back. Hard to forget that he was an absolute and utter shitebag for us in one of the worst Rovers sides I’ve ever seen; one that was relegated with him up front for the majority of the season. 

Munro looks to be facing the complete wrong direction!

1-1 was probably a fair result.

Gutted not to have won that given the chances we missed in the second half and probably conceded from Raith's first shot at our goal. Rovers could have won it as well with their chances tbf. Cant help but feel we'll regret our defensive set up in this game if we don't win the league 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876