Raith Rovers vs Falkirk - The Sequel

Your two CH’s are just as bad. Allowed a crocked 37 year old who has played about 40 minutes in 6 months bully them. They are my hope for us winning this thing now.

1 minute ago, RaithTheRover said:

Try watching a goalkeeper who isn’t even yours flap at cross after cross.

Mibbies so but more backing like that from us is not gonna help if Thomson’s is crocked and Munro is our first choice. 🙄

Draw was a fair result imo. Pretty poor game and neither team done anywhere near enough to win it.

I get that after Saturday we were trying to be more solid and hard to beat but until we changed it and brought on Miller we were far too passive and were showing Raith too much respect imo. Looked far better when BSLM came on and we had a partner for McManus instead of just battering long balls up to him on his own and expecting him to do something.

Gary Miller our best player for me he was dominant in the middle of the park. As for De Vita? He’s just utterly pointless. A mystery he got the full game.

I don't know why, but I expected more from Falkirk tonight. I was a wee bit fearful going into the game, but the Rovers were comfortably the better side in possession for the majority of the game.

Falkirk did have their chances in the first half, but I can't recall Thomson making a save. And then after the Rovers took the lead, Falkirk just disappeared. The Rovers started to look really dangerous and nothing was coming back at them.

Thomson's injury was the defining point in the game, and quite possibly in this title race. I don't know how his stats stack up versus Munro, but he's navigated a difficult winter very well, and his kicking alone makes him a much, much better fit for this Rovers team.

That shakeup gave Falkirk a bit of belief, along with Miller coming on, but the goal was far too easy. Couldn't see it in great detail from the other end, but it looked like a cross into the six yard box. Munro might be up to four or five of those conceded now. Not good enough.

From then on, it went back to both teams being more inclined to take the safe option rather than the gamble, although chances did come and go. A couple of goalmouth scrambles could've led to something for the Rovers, and Matthews possibly should've done better when he scuffed a shot at the near post. Falkirk had one massive chance when someone (McManus again?) blazed over the bar with a lot of goal to aim at.

It probably goes without saying, but this Rovers team are ten times better on a decent pitch and out of a gale force wind. MacDonald had another decent game at left back and looked like he's over whatever niggle he had. Miller provides much needed balance at right back, and the two centre halfs were both comfortable with the ball at their feet, and passed well enough, stepping out when necessary.

It's probably time to bring Tait back into the midfield. I really like Spencer, but he doesn't offer enough variety alongside Hendry and Matthews. Tait just has a wee bit of sparkle.

Armstrong looks like he's getting back into a groove. He'll tear a team apart one day soon. Bowie had his best game in a while, the rest at Dumbarton possibly doing him a world of good. MacLean's finish was excellent. More evidence that if you can create chances, he'll put them away more often than not.

So it's all still to play for, and I imagine it'll stay that way. I don't think either side is good enough or bad enough for the yap to be more than three points going into the final day. I just hope the loss of Thomson doesn't tip things in Falkirk's favour.

29 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:

Lee Miller made a big difference

He is by far our 2nd best striker, huge difference on Saturday and likewise tonight.

The simple things of winning the aerial battle, laying off the ball to a player and not giving the defender an easy life is something the other two don't do.

If we are to be top come May, he will have a huge part to play.

9 game shoot out now, a lot may depend on who we play in the last 4 or 5 games and if the games are meaningless then that maybe a factor

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Your two CH’s are just as bad. Allowed a crocked 37 year old who has played about 40 minutes in 6 months bully them. They are my hope for us winning this thing now.

2 cameo roles against Clyde and Raith, I'd guess the aerial battles of Miller versus defender(s) will be 70-80%+ in his favour.

His experience and ability is still above this level at his age

6 minutes ago, grumswall said:
9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

He is only going to play 4/5 games tops?

So half our remaining games. He will improve our defence just like he did when he came in originally.

How many of these games will be meaningful to the opposition ?

Teams that have fuk all to play for or teams who are relegated/confirmed play off places.

Our goal difference I hope has a huge factor in the run in

As others have alluded to, both teams were terrified of losing which made it a very tense affair. We had an incredible number of times where a ball would bobble to the edge of the box only for both sets of players to not take control before Falkirk cleared. Either team had clear cut opportunities. I've still no idea how the ball stayed out at the stramash where we hit the bar/post.

I'm happy enough that we didn't lose ground but can't help but feel a bit gutted we didn't test Falkirk more and take all 3 points. Onwards to Saturday. We can't afford a repeat of our last home game to Forfar. Can't see Peterhead doing us any favours

Got to say, can't recall a league one which has been so tight between all the top four teams.

How many of these games will be meaningful to the opposition ?
Teams that have fuk all to play for or teams who are relegated/confirmed play off places.
Our goal difference I hope has a huge factor in the run in
One of them against you so hopefully all of them. Realistically teams will still be fighting for playoff spots etc.

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

We are beyond brutal, hoof ball in the vague direction of McManus our only tactic. De Vita- no words. 

I was going to write pretty much this so I'm glad a Falkirk supporter got in before me. 

We're the better side and I'm gutted that we didn't take all three points tonight.