Raith Rovers vs Falkirk - The Sequel

Some fans falling over each other here to say how low their expectation is for tonight!

Can the Raith fans please not take this attitude to the ground tonight please, bairns fans feel free to!

A positive support tonight could just make the difference!!!

1 hour ago, Wee Sandy said:

Let's hope we get a decent Referee tonight.

Be interesting to see how many FFC will be booked for trying to "stop" Regan Hendry?

Referee is Peter Stuart. Decent, IDK, but he is a wee bit in love with the yellow, and not afraid of a second yellow...average in reds. Our experience with him is only two games, both draws. It appears he is slowly climbing the food chain, and is now seeing more League One games, where last year he was a League Two fixture.

2 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Just don’t ask Charlie Telfer to do it...

Well, quite, because, if we wanted someone to do that, he's the last guy in the team that we would ask. This makes his earlier suspension all the more galling.

Edit to say that I've just noticed that Bairnardo's said much the same thing.

Edited by ShaggerG

4 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Wasnt at Broadwood so can't comment, however I will be there tonight, with McManus back in the side we're a completely different team. Hopefully a 2-1 win for the Bairns tonight.

McManus will still have Sammon next to him.

It's unfortunate Lee Miller hasn't got 60 mins in him, he would have both centre halves on yellows and possibility of red, with Benedictus a red card waiting to happen.

I fully expect Miller to be on the park at some point tonight with McMillan nowhere near the park.

24 minutes ago, MrDust said:

McManus will still have Sammon next to him.

It's unfortunate Lee Miller hasn't got 60 mins in him, he would have both centre halves on yellows and possibility of red, with Benedictus a red card waiting to happen.

I fully expect Miller to be on the park at some point tonight with McMillan nowhere near the park.

If Todd's fit then surely McMillan is the one that will drop out of the squad?

Mutch

Doyle Hall Durnan Dixon

Gomis Miller

Connolly Longridge Todd

McManus

Just picked 2 out of the 3 centre backs as they're all as bad as each other. Not sure of the order of the 3 behind the striker but I think this is the 11 that would give me the least fear.

Mutch

Doyle Hall Durnan Dixon

Gomis Miller

Connolly Longridge Todd

McManus

Just picked 2 out of the 3 centre backs as they're all as bad as each other. Not sure of the order of the 3 behind the striker but I think this is the 11 that would give me the least fear.
This works for me on the basis that I think you can rely on the 3 behind the striker to get in the box and help McManus, and also on Doyle to at least get up and down to provide width. Dixons attacking abilities have also been better post McKinnon so I think overall the theory is sound. It gets our best attacking players in the team and doesnt require Sammon or McMillan. Hope we give it a go, with Lee Miller thrown on late as the route 1 option if required.

Dixon less so but Doyle is the same as he has been all season.

Armstrong and Dingwall will tear them a new arse. Armstrong will then pass it to the feet of you’re centrebacks and Dingwall will shank a cross or shot into the disabled supporters

Armstrong and Dingwall will tear them a new arse. Armstrong will then pass it to the feet of you’re centrebacks and Dingwall will shank a cross or shot into the disabled supporters
Passing it to the feet of pur centre backs is pretty sound attacking strategy

I think that tonights game will determine who wins this league. With 9 fixtures left after tonight and 9 tough fixtures at that, that extra 3 points may be vital.

I don’t think so Raith will collapse and do well to hold on to 3rd.Montrose look more likely for 2 nd . Falkirk will stroll it by 6 or 7 points and will win tonight by at least 2 and never look back. Having said that only 3 or 4 of our players are good enough for the championship, so that’s how bad this league is. After failing again to get promotion again Raith will go part time and become a mid table team in the seaside league befitting of their stadium, fan base and hellhole that is Kirkcaldy.

11 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

I don’t think so Raith will collapse and do well to hold on to 3rd.Montrose look more likely for 2 nd . Falkirk will stroll it by 6 or 7 points and will win tonight by at least 2 and never look back. Having said that only 3 or 4 of our players are good enough for the championship, so that’s how bad this league is. After failing again to get promotion again Raith will go part time and become a mid table team in the seaside league befitting of their stadium, fan base and hellhole that is Kirkcaldy.

Pit that spliff doon!! 😂