Raith Rovers vs Falkirk - The Sequel

Until the Clyde defeat thought ( without being world beaters) we had found a decent level of performance, form and formation. Left Broadway feeling that we were back to the Hartley/McKinnon era. 
I genuinely thought that some of the players had been improving notably Buchanan, Doyle, Dixon, ( probably add Gomis/Millar/Connolly) Saturday confirmed that we are woefully short across the whole team. Suppose we can’t be to harsh, as still point off top but seriously worried that we’ve got the players to take us up. 
Forget M&M interviews since CLYDE game, this game tonight is our biggest of the season. RR if they win tonight will more than likely keep top slot till last game. A win for us would hopefully bring a better confidence with nine games to go. Never thought this would go to the wire, but with the form of the top four teams and with the fixtures reducing quickly, it’s looking more likely. Think we will see two teams shiting a brick tonight, and a defensive set up from both. Hers bloody hoping that we can lift our game and get the points. Probably another huge following, let’s hope.....

We were better on Saturday than we were at Stranraer and at home to Montrose. We made more chances than In both these games combined.

Saturday’s issue was we were tested properly defensively and proven not to be good enough.

No other team has a Goodwillie thankfully so fingers crossed it was a one off and we can grind results out until May.

This is probably to my own shame, at least a wee bit.... But the postings of a select few Raith fans over the season have led to me having the odd fleeting moment of hoping Regan Hendry gets booted clean out of the park.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This is probably to my own shame, at least a wee bit.... But the postings of a select few Raith fans over the season have led to me having the odd fleeting moment of hoping Regan Hendry gets booted clean out of the park.

Just don’t ask Charlie Telfer to do it...

Draw. Midfield is key to everything. We were short on pace and creativity pre January window and with Todd out and De Vita useless we're back to square one in that area. Still not convinced of the Miller/ Gomis combination. Telfer is a man short. Must be at it from the off to get something from the game. McManus at least gives another dimension and Longridge must start and deliver. 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Me too, dont even know what he looks like but seeing him fly through the air would probably make me happy.

Just don’t ask Charlie Telfer to do it...
Well quite, since nothing he has ever done could be construed as a genuine attempt to injure anyone.

I think of the current team, a Mark Durnan heider or a Gary Miller tombstone followed by a peoples elbow is the way to go.

Looking for a good game tonight, hopefully, we will play better as conditions improve. We need to play with more than Baird up front to cause other teams problems & let's stop playing too 

deep at corners.

5 minutes ago, Holy Marv said:

Not sure why people are saying a draw is ok, particularly with the hunting pack up our hoops. 

did McManus not get a straight red? How come it’s only a one match ban? 

I think its only 2 game ban if its serious foul play/violent conduct. At least that's my interpretation:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1849/suspensions-for-players-in-mens-football-annex-c-section-4.pdf

Just now, Rovers1992/1993 said:

How is it not serious foul play when he saved a goal bound shot with his hand on the line?

"Denying the opposing team or an opponent a goal or an obvious goal scoring opportunity (A4)" is a deemed a lower tier of "foul play", which I agree does seem a bit mental. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

#pray4Regan

Falkirk animals.

15 minutes ago, renton said:

Zero confidence going into this. 

Same. Unless we win I’ll be lowering my expectations and awaiting the inevitable disappointment in the play-offs. Home draws are no good. Win, win, win WIN!

if we lose or draw the season will go to the last day where we will still be in a title winning position, we’ll then lose at Falkirk, handing them the title, then go into the play-offs on a complete downer and implode, with a fourth season in the Seaside League driving our fans ever crazier. It’ll be just like our first season down here, when that fucking goalpost cost us the league. 

I really hope we win tonight.