Raith Rovers vs Falkirk - The Sequel

12 minutes ago, grumswall said:
30 minutes ago, Frank conner said:
If you were 100% correct we would be in the championship by now!

Back in your box.

image.gif

image.gif

Edited by TxRover

35 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

3 points is a must, not just for this game but the 5 home games after it,If results from these last 10 games mirror the same results as the corresponding fixtures , we'll amass 15 points which wont be good enough, we're only 2 points better off at this stage than we were last season albeit top o the league by the seat of our pants

Agree with the first part but we are 5 points better off than we were after the same number of games last season. I think the overall standard of the league is better this season too with decent Clyde and Peterhead sides replacing hopeless Brechin and Stenhousemuir teams. I’d say East Fife, Airdrie and Montrose are improved too.

Agree with the first part but we are 5 points better off than we were after the same number of games last season. I think the overall standard of the league is better this season too with decent Clyde and Peterhead sides replacing hopeless Brechin and Stenhousemuir teams. I’d say East Fife, Airdrie and Montrose are improved too.

5 points? I’d have thought it would have been more than that to be honest. I agree with the standard of the league comment being better.

41 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Will the Covid 19 virus put this off. They are planning a stop to mass gatherings. Oh wait

I seen that the SPFL/SFA released a statement about it earlier and they're monitoring cases of it throughout daily. I'd imagine it'll go ahead tomorrow but who knows I guess. 

A lot of hyperbole on this thread. Not a must win for either side as others have said as the difference post match will only be 1, 2 or 4 points with 9 games to go and still to play each other again. A win for either side will go a long way to defining momentum though. If we can open up a 4 point gap, I might actually start to believe we can win the league. 

5 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

A lot of hyperbole on this thread. Not a must win for either side as others have said as the difference post match will only be 1, 2 or 4 points with 9 games to go and still to play each other again. A win for either side will go a long way to defining momentum though. If we can open up a 4 point gap, I might actually start to believe we can win the league. 

Agreed, most likely is a draw then we can both get back to shitfesting wins for the next 7 or 8 games before the final showdown in the final couple of weeks. It’s gonna be painful baby 

9 hours ago, Jilted John said:

5 points? I’d have thought it would have been more than that to be honest. I agree with the standard of the league comment being better.

Yeah me too. We were actually okay the first half of last season though just not enough to keep pace with Arbroath’s incredible run. The second half of the season was when the form really dropped off. Even before tonight’s game we are already 7 points ahead of what we managed from the third quarter last season.

56 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Until the Clyde defeat thought ( without being world beaters) we had found a decent level of performance, form and formation. Left Broadway feeling that we were back to the Hartley/McKinnon era. 
I genuinely thought that some of the players had been improving notably Buchanan, Doyle, Dixon, ( probably add Gomis/Millar/Connolly) Saturday confirmed that we are woefully short across the whole team. Suppose we can’t be to harsh, as still point off top but seriously worried that we’ve got the players to take us up. 
Forget M&M interviews since CLYDE game, this game tonight is our biggest of the season. RR if they win tonight will more than likely keep top slot till last game. A win for us would hopefully bring a better confidence with nine games to go. Never thought this would go to the wire, but with the form of the top four teams and with the fixtures reducing quickly, it’s looking more likely. Think we will see two teams shiting a brick tonight, and a defensive set up from both. Hers bloody hoping that we can lift our game and get the points. Probably another huge following, let’s hope.....

I was the same as you being surprised at just how much we were lacking in the team and on our bench on Saturday. The managers don't use their subs well at times IMO. My biggest fear is that we NEVER turn up for big games, the fans always leave the game deflated after a big build up. Enough of the negativity, lets get into these fife c***s.