Raith Rovers vs Falkirk - The Sequel

A wee bit of perspective needed maybe folks?

1st league loss under M&M (which had to happen at some point) and 1st since early November. I know Saturday was bad however it was mainly from a defensive point of view, which has been unusual this season (somehow). I think that's the first time we've lost more than 2 goals as well?

We need to back the team in numbers tomorrow, be up from it from the start and maybe the team will follow suit?

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

A wee bit of perspective needed maybe folks?

1st league loss under M&M (which had to happen at some point) and 1st since early November. I know Saturday was bad however it was mainly from a defensive point of view, which has been unusual this season (somehow). I think that's the first time we've lost more than 2 goals as well?

Fair points there; however despite it being a first defeat since Nov we're still chasing top spot.  

Most Rovers fans seem to think its a must-win for them, but even a draw isn't much help to us. We're in must-win territory here.  And I'll be really surprised if we get it. 

Fair points there; however despite it being a first defeat since Nov we're still chasing top spot.  
Most Rovers fans seem to think its a must-win for them, but even a draw isn't much help to us. We're in must-win territory here.  And I'll be really surprised if we get it. 

It’s certainly not must win and even a defeat would not be fatal though it would be a hell of a struggle to regain the lost ground.
Still a lot of football to be played and none of the contenders are anywhere near good enough to go on a winning run of any length.
As things stand I would give us a 30% chance of promotion one way or another.

Considering we are 1 point clear it's not a,must win for us it's just that we have a few fans that are just a bit OTT.

15 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It’s certainly not must win and even a defeat would not be fatal though it would be a hell of a struggle to regain the lost ground.
Still a lot of football to be played and none of the contenders are anywhere near good enough to go on a winning run of any length.
As things stand I would give us a 30% chance of promotion one way or another.

That's the worry though; as you say, we're evidently not good enough to go on a lengthy winning run, ( ie not draw, draw, win, draw;  but win win win win) yet defeat tomorrow puts us 4 behind, and until now we've not shown we can up our rate sufficiently from barely 1 win in 2.  Yeah, I think we need to win tomorrow. 

If you were 100% correct we would be in the championship by now!
I always, bar the initial week or two from mcglynn coming back. Said he needed the summer to build his own squad. He had that and he has us being competitive towards our goals more than he did with the imposters he inherited. Back in your box.

I always, bar the initial week or two from mcglynn coming back. Said he needed the summer to build his own squad. He had that and he has us being competitive towards our goals more than he did with the imposters he inherited. Back in your box.
With the budget we have it's not that difficult we are where we more or less should be so behave.

3 points is a must, not just for this game but the 5 home games after it,If results from these last 10 games mirror the same results as the corresponding fixtures , we'll amass 15 points which wont be good enough, we're only 2 points better off at this stage than we were last season albeit top o the league by the seat of our pants