Raith Rovers vs Falkirk - The Sequel

4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I think we've lost the league today. We just need to make sure we do enough to get into the top 4 because that's by no means certain.

I thought I was a bit of a pessimist but this is way beyond even my expect the worst thinking.  No certainties in football but hard to imagine any scenario that ends up with us totally out of the play-offs. 

Actually thought today’s results worked out ok considering the loss.  Still top, one less game left and signs that Falkirk are as inconsistent as us. We have missed two big opportunities to turn the screw - Stranraer and today - but on Tuesday we could go 4 clear.  Believe! 

At this stage of our first season down in League 1 - with a squad full of utter jobbers and kids - we had 53 points. That includes having to play Sevco twice.
Shows you how shite both of these sides are that neither are even keeping up with one of our worst sides ever.
Or that you paid over the odds for absolute shite in a league that had more money in it at the time...

10 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

At this stage of our first season down in League 1 - with a squad full of utter jobbers and kids - we had 53 points. That includes having to play Sevco twice.

Shows you how shite both of these sides are that neither are even keeping up with one of our worst sides ever.

Theres very few give a f**k about your mob

Huge opportunity missed but from what I’ve seen so far this season there will probably be another opportunity to take advantage off, however, this is all depending on Tuesday’s result, anyone who has followed the rovers for any length of time can tell you the chances of them coming back to win the league after a loss like that in a massive game is slim. However as a previous poster suggested there’s never any certainties in football other than that Tuesday’s tie - with the exception of the last game at Falkirk - is probably the biggest game of the season for both sides.

If the math is right, you’d have two on the bench then, right?

Meh. A few of them can sit on the bench as emergency back-up.

Nae danger this is how we’ll line up but I’d go:

Mutch

Doyle
Durnan
Miller
Dixon

McShane
Gomis

Todd
Longridge
Connolly

McManus

With BSLM, Ferrie and whatever other jobbers we’ve got on the bench.

Would I be happy about playing McShane? Absolutely not. But if the options are Buchanan, Telfer or De Vita starting then why the f**k not.

Good effort. 5/10

Then you got absolutely fucked by Cowdenbeath in the playoffs!

8 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

The Pars must have won again. Good for them. They have to play in black and white but they try really hard.

I think we've lost the league today. We just need to make sure we do enough to get into the top 4 because that's by no means certain.

That’s Falkirk levels of pish right there. Leave that shit to them. Ok we’ve been poor the last few games and Armstrong hasn’t done anything since he came back. McGlynn made the mistake with his formation yesterday. I’m sure he’ll have the team geared up for this. Let’s hope he does eh!

.....and????

10 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

You cheated though.

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

That’s Falkirk levels of pish right there. Leave that shit to them. Ok we’ve been poor the last few games and Armstrong hasn’t done anything since he came back. McGlynn made the mistake with his formation yesterday. I’m sure he’ll have the team geared up for this. Let’s hope he does eh!

Armstrong changed the game against Clyde last week, and changed the game against Falkirk in October. 

He hasn't been great, but he seems to be a very easy target. 

Just now, inreganhendrywetrust said:

Let’s not forget Falkirk are away to Peterhead next Saturday. Regardless of Tuesdays result there will be a few more twists and turns to this season.

Montrose to win the title would not be out of the equation

They are at home next Saturday. 

15 minutes ago, inreganhendrywetrust said:

Let’s not forget Falkirk are away to Peterhead next Saturday. Regardless of Tuesdays result there will be a few more twists and turns to this season.

Montrose to win the title would not be out of the equation

Hope the wife does not read this, she thinks I am going to be away in Falkirk next Saturday 😄