PTFC v QOSFC. The we're shiter than you thread

I think the point is that given how terrible both defences are, and ship goals for fun, 0-0 was far from the most predictable outcome tonight.

Alternatively.... 2 teams that have been utterly useless recently (by your own fans admissions) playing out a 0-0 draw in a huge game you both really wanted to win.

I had a draw on, as well as a draw in the Raith and Ayr games, unfortunately Dundee not beating Alloa let down my line.

59 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Hard not to see this fixture again in league one next season. Plenty of graft on both sides but glaring lack of quality and composure in front of goal. 

Don't quite know what the logic for picking Penrice in midfield and having 3 central midfielders on the bench was, very negative line up. By the time we got a more positive midfield on Rudden was gassed. Created a few chances in the last 20 minutes but pretty clear its not your night when you hit the woodwork 3 times and have a penalty (correctly, I assume, it looked offside from 80 yards away behind the other goal) awarded and overturned. 

Limited plus points, Mayo played well second half after a bit of a shaky start, and Competition Winner Tommy Robson had probably his best game (file under faint praise). We only started creating things when Cole came on, maybe being dropped was a kick up the arse. Clean sheet I suppose. That's about it. 

The other 2 OF loanees though, my word. Awful. Astounding that O Connor has been at man Utd, celtic and been capped at senior level for Ireland. Bannigan also needs dropped but no chance that happens. Graham had his poorest game since signing. 

This is all spot on. I'd just add more emphasis on how much of a useless lazy shitebag O'Connor is.

That was painful! Strange line up with unsurprisingly, zero creativity.
Can hardly believe I'm saying this but .... Tommy Robson probably our most threatening outlet [emoji44]
Still, a clean sheet and the tiniest consolation in knowing that Queens are at least as bad as we are

Probably the two worst teams I have witnessed in the championship not for the lack of effort but no quality on show apart from Wilson for us and Rudden in my opinion.If I was a Thistle fan I would have been pissed off as I thought Queens rode their luck on a couple of occassions.Only plus point for me is Thistle actually paid money for some of the dross on show.Credit to both sets of fans who backed their teams throughout despite the lack of creativity,quality and spark.

That game would’ve got football banned. Two awful teams playing out an awful game. Apart from Cole hitting the bar and the scramble in the box that got cleared off the line, I can’t remember anything of note happening.

Alarmingly, McCall thought we were “terrific” second half. Mayo was dreadful first half, before growing into the game later on. Pass marks for Rudden as well, who is clearly lacking match sharpness but showed an eagerness to get involved. It may have been Robson’s best game for us, but he never moved off the ball and always wanted it played to feet.

O’Connor is a lazy shitebag, and Barjonas isn’t much better. Would be surprised if either of them got anywhere near the first teams of the OF. Cole coming on made a slight difference as one of our only players with a creative bone in his body. Penrice was a passenger in midfield, and Bannigan is still miles off it.

The draw suits Queens far more than us and I’m resigned to League One football next season.

10 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

2 poor teams. We defended a lot better tonight. This is probably one of the worst Queens midfields in my time following the club. 

Those are serious words coming from a fan of a club which once had a whole season of Scott McLaughlin and Stephen Simmons in midfield together.

Before last night's game I thought Thistle fans were at the wind up about how bad their team is...I know how bad Queens are...but I was wrong and they are spot on. What we had on show last night was two poor teams who lack skill and two managers who have totally run out of ideas. Okay the players didn't lack effort but at times I thought I was watching a couple of pub teams playing in the Sunday league. Hats off to both sets of fans for sticking with it until the end. We'll meet again...next year!

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Those are serious words coming from a fan of a club which once had a whole season of Scott McLaughlin and Stephen Simmons in midfield together.

Scott McLaughlin was actually our top goal scorer that season I believe which is hilarious and Stephen Simmons was as Gus MacPherson said ‘too good for the division and should of been playing at a higher level’.  

Of course we were relegated that season with the likes of Tam Brighton and Kevin Smith up front but at least we had boys in midfield chipping in with goals. 

I just had a quick look over the results that season and Morton never actually beat us that seasons.  2 wins and 2 draws. 

A cagey, scrappy, shitey game.

QotS were pretty negative and had just about everyone inside their own half to let us faff about at the back a lot of the time but tbf that did work quite well considering the must-not-lose feel to the game. Dobbie didn't really do anything.

Was a seething mess when QotS got that free header gifted to them from a corner that looked inside our own 6 yard box, but thankfully headed way over due to the pace on the ball.

Big fan of us taking corners about 1 yard away from the edge of the white marker where they're meant to be taken.

Penalty incident was pretty incredible to watch although I wasn't sure given it was Zanatta whether it might have been a bit of a dive anyway. In all likelihood would have smacked the post with it anyway.

Clean sheet and all, but considering we've still got some horrible fixtures to come against Dunfermline who have bitched us this season, Utd away up next, it's feeling incredibly grim to see us picking up enough points to scrape out of this mess.

To try and end on something positive though, Robson put in a really good shift and probably would have been my shout for MotM.

Shout out to Lee O’Connor, btw. Managing to out-shitebag Ryan Williamson takes some doing, but that’s exactly what he did last night. A proper masterclass in hiding and shirking responsibility that Adam Barton would have been proud of.

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Shout out to Lee O’Connor, btw. Managing to out-shitebag Ryan Williamson takes some doing, but that’s exactly what he did last night. A proper masterclass in hiding and shirking responsibility that Adam Barton would have been proud of.

Williamson has been a shitebag since he had a big injury. I liked him with us, good at going forward on his day but yeah would NOT get stuck in and I cant see that ever changing now.  

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Scott McLaughlin is one of the worst midfielders I have ever seen play for us. A heart the size of a pea. He would someone manage to make this midfield worse.

I genuinely think that either he or Simmonds would improve our current midfield.

There is literally nothing in its favour.