Dundee vs Alloa

Nelsons blast over the bar was utterly pathetic, but when an ex Scotland international passes from right in front of goal, there has to be serious questions marks over him. Dorrans is simply not contributing as a player of his alleged calibre should be.

We are the better team, and should be in the lead by now, but theres very little threat offered by the players on show.

I think Berra, gowzer and Dorrans have done well and got Alloa by the balls so far , just waiting for the inevitable 95th minute goal from Alloa after we’ve had another three sitters in the other half

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

Players with that sort of ability are in short supply.  Do you reckon there will be a lot of top flight clubs after him at the end of the season?

St Johnstone again, perhaps, but I can't see him leaving us.

Frustrated with Nelson. Hasn’t had a game and now he has had a chance today and his missed three sitters. Another one was well saved, but he’s got to take his chances. At least we are getting the ball in the box.
Alloa playing the ball as quickly as they can and look good going forward until the last third.
Hope for some Dark Blue goals this half.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Doubt it. Budget being slashed and we've not signed a player over 30 on a permanent deal since the Summer of 2016.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Doubt it. Budget being slashed and we've not signed a player over 30 on a permanent deal since the Summer of 2016.

You were eyeing him last season,i wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't still the case.

29 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

I think Berra, gowzer and Dorrans have done well and got Alloa by the balls so far , just waiting for the inevitable 95th minute goal from Alloa after we’ve had another three sitters in the other half

This x 100

Edited by Spikethedee

58 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Who would’ve ever thought this but I’m not sure Gowser is a good striker.

42 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

McGowan is very good at being the link up striker.

36 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Players with that sort of ability are in short supply.  Do you reckon there will be a lot of top flight clubs after him at the end of the season?

35 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Unless I've missed my guess lads, I feel Shadow is maybe just having a wee bit of fun to distract from the reality of this evening at Dens.

Nice one Shadow, genuine class as always.

Best regards, TCM

38 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

You were eyeing him last season,i wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't still the case.

As I say, budget being cut, and we have, according to the manager and CEO, turned to signing younger players.

McGowan would probably demand a first team wage, but wouldn't be a guaranteed starter.

Most of us said that not replacing Johnson would come back to haunt us - this is so true tonight.

That bring said, any footballer worth his salt should be hitting the target more than ours do - 19 shots but only 4 on target is bloody awful.

What's frightening is that 3 of those came from defenders!!