Albion Rovers v Elgin City

Game on as of 07:30am,so pitch deemed playable at that time However,the BBC Weather forecast has shown a marked increase in the wind speed since then. Now showing 40+ over the course of the game along with sleet so conditions are going to be difficult to play in.

As no one has started any thread on this match, I take it interest is limited amongst locals and given the forecast, I suspect most folks are staying at home. A few hardy ECFC fans heading down and there should be some Central Belt Elgin supporters as well.

Self evident that both teams will be out to get the 3 points for different reasons. From an Elgin perpective, the 3 points are essential to keep us in with a shout for a play off position.  

Definitely not a day for silky football

Windy and cold conditions throughout. Thought the City were the better team in the first half and having got over the shock of two quickfire goals,we on the front foot for most of the half and had the better of the play and chances.

Second half was more even and Rovers had a really good  claim for a penalty denied by a ref who was keen to.keep the game going throughout.

As the conditions worsened with sleet in a driving wind,a few yellows were dished out to players of both teams.

Rovers should have equalised but the shot which was net bound hit a Rovers player and went out. 

A good 3 points in horrible conditions but well done the players for hanging in there.

Archie picked an injury but walked round so looks like a knock and nothing too serious.

13 hours ago, SuperCowden said:

Seems Albion were unlucky, their still decent side on their day, I won't be underestimating Albion midweek, they will either play with rocket up their arse or ship some goals, i hope its the latter, sorry lads lol always time to beat the rest, still like your club, good old fashioned team.

We kinda huffed and puffed a bit yesterday however no-one would have grudged us a point on the second half display. Elgin defended well and looked dangerous on the break , ultimately the first 5 minutes of the game made it an uphill task.

Our record at Central park of late isn’t great so offer me a point and I would take it. In saying that SuperCowden how about chucking three easy points to your old muckers fae Coatbrig?