Cowdenbeath vs Edinburgh city

The blue brazil are due to host Edinburgh City on Saturday in our latest league 2 match.

There's been plenty rain this week so I don't know if this games in any danger ?

Both teams had a good first half of the season but both now out of form.

City were hugely disappointing at home to Brechin last weekend so I don't know how this will pan out.

Edited by Tenkay

Lol i reckon it will be bad tempered too but we seem a different side, from the one who dug in & won 1-0 vs Edinburgh earlier this season but we have good group of boys, despite lack of quality in last few weeks, heres hoping they play with some spark tommorow, 3 points or point would be most welcome, lets just hope its on first lol sick of not seeing my team, they will end up strangers on the pitch, any longer.

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I'd like to see a mudbath of a game full of thrills and spills and City winning 4-3.

More likely it'll be a bad tempered pish game.

Bad tempered? It's not Cove we are playing! Agree about the quality of the game. Without Hamilton we will be struggling.

Fingers crossed that we have a decent ref.

Awful tactics again. Score a goal, then sit back deep in our own half. Making it so easy for the opposition. 

Why do we wait until late in the game to bring on a bit pace upfront and why oh why do we keep taking Taylor off when Renton is left on? He may have scored a tap in, but offers very little and looks so slow. We will struggle to beat Albion Rovers if we set up like this again. Why also do Taylor, Thomas, Allan and Swann seem to get it in the neck from the bench when others get let off the hook?

Keeper poor for the goal. I was only just saying minutes before that he strays too far off his line. If he is on the line he saves that, same as he would have saved the one the other week against Stirling. Keeper should be on their line unless they are sprinting out to clear a ball or block an incoming attacker. You stand off your line and you make it easy for players to score shots like that.

37 minutes ago, PELE said:

Awful tactics again. Score a goal, then sit back deep in our own half. Making it so easy for the opposition. 

Why do we wait until late in the game to bring on a bit pace upfront and why oh why do we keep taking Taylor off when Renton is left on? He may have scored a tap in, but offers very little and looks so slow. We will struggle to beat Albion Rovers if we set up like this again. Why also do Taylor, Thomas, Allan and Swann seem to get it in the neck from the bench when others get let off the hook?

Keeper poor for the goal. I was only just saying minutes before that he strays too far off his line. If he is on the line he saves that, same as he would have saved the one the other week against Stirling. Keeper should be on their line unless they are sprinting out to clear a ball or block an incoming attacker. You stand off your line and you make it easy for players to score shots like that.

Cowdenbeath played great today, Kris Renton is a workhorse and puts in a shift every game he plays, very underrated and definitely doesn’t get the credit he deserves, every player played their part today and other than a fluke goal we would have taken the 3 points.  Jordan Allan is a good player also but the Edinburgh city centre half’s would have been playing with the cigars out today if he’d been playing, Kris Renton was giving them a challenge. 

1 hour ago, PELE said:

I wouldn’t blame the keeper for the goal.

looked to me like a cross that caught by the wind and drops in the top corner. Most keepers would get caught out.

Thought keepers were supposed to dominate their area not stay on the line. I’ve watched Renton several times against Elgin and have always said he was the type of centre forward we could have been doing with. He holds the ball up well and always brings other players into the game.

16 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Thought keepers were supposed to dominate their area not stay on the line. I’ve watched Renton several times against Elgin and have always said he was the type of centre forward we could have been doing with. He holds the ball up well and always brings other players into the game.

You can have him. He rarely holds the ball up. He is really good at defending and passing, but not a front player and poor control.

32 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

I wouldn’t blame the keeper for the goal.

looked to me like a cross that caught by the wind and drops in the top corner. Most keepers would get caught out.

It wasn't caught by any wind. He seen the keeper off his line and curled it in. Although, I do think he will be a good keeper in the long run. Just looks a bit short on confidence.

1 hour ago, PELE said:

I thought the way we lined up today was spot on and used the available resources really well bearing in mind we had to have Craig Easton our Assistant Manager at 41 years of age who hasn't  played competitive football since 2018 stripped as a sub. I am a little perplexed by the "awful tactics" suggestion it seems to imply that the instructions were to score and sit back and hold on to what we had. However second half we through everything  at Edinburgh with a series of chances but just failed to convert. We tired on a heavy pitch & Edinburgh  brought on fresh legs as able at their disposal. At that point they gained control and sitting back for me more a case of fatigue and being pinned back by a team looking to get back in the game rather than a tactical decision.

Regards Kris Renton yes he needs to score more he will be first to admit but puts in a shift and injuring himself first half making a defensive clearance after which he was struggling to breathe. I have becomei somewhat immune to your own jaundiced views on Kris where you have an inherent  blinkered myopic view. I I would not be surprised if you did not indeed hold  him responsible for the spread of coronavirus as well as a number of other social ills.

As far as the City equaliser goes I can't fault the keeper there have been times when I have however the conditions have impacted on the trajectory of the ball and little he could have done.

We had the chances to see this one out unfortunately failed to take our chances against a team 13 points ahead  of us in second place. Apply ourselves in the same manner Tuesday give ourselves a great chance. Credit to Gary Bollan & the management team for the approach today.

14 minutes ago, PELE said:

It wasn't caught by any wind. He seen the keeper off his line and curled it in. Although, I do think he will be a good keeper in the long run. Just looks a bit short on confidence.

The Edinburgh manager described the goal as fortunate so I’m assuming it was a cross.

18 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

I thought the way we lined up today was spot on and used the available resources really well bearing in mind we had to have Craig Easton our Assistant Manager at 41 years of age who hasn't  played competitive football since 2018 stripped as a sub. I am a little perplexed by the "awful tactics" suggestion it seems to imply that the instructions were to score and sit back and hold on to what we had. However second half we through everything  at Edinburgh with a series of chances but just failed to convert. We tired on a heavy pitch & Edinburgh  brought on fresh legs as able at their disposal. At that point they gained control and sitting back for me more a case of fatigue and being pinned back by a team looking to get back in the game rather than a tactical decision.

Regards Kris Renton yes he needs to score more he will be first to admit but puts in a shift and injuring himself first half making a defensive clearance after which he was struggling to breathe. I have becomei somewhat immune to your own jaundiced views on Kris where you have an inherent  blinkered myopic view. I I would not be surprised if you did not indeed hold  him responsible for the spread of coronavirus as well as a number of other social ills.

As far as the City equaliser goes I can't fault the keeper there have been times when I have however the conditions have impacted on the trajectory of the ball and little he could have done.

We had the chances to see this one out unfortunately failed to take our chances against a team 13 points ahead  of us in second place. Apply ourselves in the same manner Tuesday give ourselves a great chance. Credit to Gary Bollan & the management team for the approach today.

Keeper was wandering way out of his goal in the Stirling game, not that it made any difference then.

1 minute ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Keeper was wandering way out of his goal in the Stirling game, not that it made any difference then.

As I say I have sometimes had questions but no fault for the goal today. I think also need to remember still young & will be getting behind him  supporting his development.

2 points dropped. I have been critical of the keeper but not today he had no chance for the goal.

Their keeper had a blinder or we would be sitting here discussing a cowden win today.

And we should have been more clinical.

Special mention for Cox. Majority of time you see a guy shoot in that situation but he had the selflessness to square to renton.

16 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

2 points dropped. I have been critical of the keeper but not today he had no chance for the goal.

Their keeper had a blinder or we would be sitting here discussing a cowden win today.

And we should have been more clinical.

Special mention for Cox. Majority of time you see a guy shoot in that situation but he had the selflessness to square to renton.

I was sure Coxy was going to shoot to so was Kris when I spoke to him but alass square pass from him.

A decent game in difficult conditions. Playing on the break is all very well, but I agree that we sit too deep and hand the initiative to the opposition, relying on our centre backs to repel all boarders, which to their credit they almost did. Renton had a good game I thought, but our midfield is too easily brushed aside defensively though ok going forward Allan is talented  and should be starting, he and Renton  can play together ok. Morrison will toughen up our midfield. What about   Connelly is he still on loan?

I'm first when it comes to been honest, you can't fault our 11 boys today, they gave everything & fought for every ball, the type of performance you want to see from your team, nobody was off it today, second half we dipped little bit but we were by far the better side, their goalkeeper was very good & even saving with the feet, thought we were much tidier with the ball especially first half, where we should have scored couple more, the 2 centre halfs were class today, thought Taylor worked his socks off too, tracking back & getting tackles in,  maybe he wanted to prove a point to his past employers, Mullen & Swann worked their socks off too, we didnt deserve to drop the points today, we worked & earned the 3 points, Edinburgh wern't offering much up the pitch in my opinion, tackles were going in, only when they got their goal, did they really push us to hilt, if we lost that, even most bias of Edinburgh fan, would admit they got lucky, think Bollan should brought some fresh legs, last 15 minutes maybe but nobody would mentioned it, if we didn't concede, the goalkeeper has not convinced me either but today i thought he had pretty decent game, good save to get us the point at end too, kicking less scary & he got down to save well couple times, I have no issues with his performance this weekend to  honest , we keep that level of dedication up we won't be losing for while, just hope players take encouragement from the point & don't see it as loss