Motherwell vs Ross County

Missed the County goal as was late in but we pretty much dominated from the moment I got in. County couldn't handle our runners from midfield and didn't really test our teetering defence anywhere near enough.

Could have been more than 4 in all honesty.

Chris Long made a big difference tonight and he was my man of the match. But why is he so angry? He does his best to get booked all the time. At the half time whistle he booted the ball over the main stand. At the third goal he booted an advertisement boarding after his assist. He’s so so angry.

Also I heard Robinson say we’d been working on throw ins and we had 3 new good ones in the first half and one bad one to O’Hara (who was tremendous) in the second half. We’ve been shite at throw ins for years.

I also thought Long was excellent but he’s such an infuriating player, I think he even annoys himself. 

His pace absolutely terrified the County defence(probably why he was given the nod over Watt) but so often much of his good work was undone by his own final ball. The one where he shot from the byline instead of cutting it back was criminal as was the volley he missed from about 6 yards out. 

Fair play to him though, he kept going and done very well to set up the 3rd goal which you were beginning to worry would never come. Great finish by Tony as well when he came on to round it off and finish what was a lovely move for the 4th. 

Apart from a dodgy first 10-15 mins, it was a dominant performance and it didn’t feel like 4-1 flattered us. The midfield was excellent with Campbell a cut above for me, in what must now be his best ever goalscoring season? And an assist at the end too to round off an imperious display. 

Edited by Casagolda

Thank f**k for that. 

The early goal could have caused the type of heid's gone that we saw in the cup but to be fair, they got out it out their system quickly and we got a bit of decent luck in the way it fell to O'Hara to cancel it out. I thought after that, it was the most dominant performance we've put on for a couple of months and County really struggled both with the pace upfront and the energy of our midfield.

A lot of our good stuff in the first half of the season was as a result of our midfield dominating and that was a proper performance from all three tonight. Sexy as he undoubtedly was, Vigurs was never much up for up for a battle and tonight's performance from him brought back plenty of memories. Campbell, as he often does after a decent rest, was like a different player and was by miles MOTM for me - on that form, he looks like a higher level player.

The only one that could touch Campbell was Long but as above, he is one of those immensely frustrating guys that clearly has it in him to be genuinely good player that should be at a bigger club than us - but both in his attitude and his decision making, constantly reminds us of why he isn't. If we can calm him down a bit, make him a bit less hard on himself and coach him, we could have a huge asset there - and I definitely think he is worth the hassle. The 4th goal might have been a real icing on the cake moment, but I doubt the sight of Watt stroking in a nice finish after Long making such hard work of it all night will have cheered him up at all despite a good all round performance...

Results wise, pretty much the perfect evening for us - gaining points on Aberdeen, Livi and both teams immediately outside the Top 6, whilst seeing Hearts take a comedy kick in the baws ahead of Saturday's game via Accies win is as good as we could have hoped for. Arguably, tonight is the night we've put ourselves in the Top 6, which is also a good milestone.

Happier Wellies tonight.