Motherwell vs Ross County

10 hours ago, welldaft said:

I would love a win but have a feeling it will be a score draw. We need to turn a corner soon but we still seem quite fragile based on last performance at home to St Mirren. 

Not to be pedantic YM but our poor form really only kicked in during February. So you can console yourself that we have only been utter dug meat for a month.....

To be fair I'd say the rot set in at the Accies game before the turn of the year. The Dundee, Aberdeen and Hibs games were fine results,-wise but our actual performances were much worse than December and indicative of things to come. IMO, obviously.

9 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I noticed a Motherwell fan account on Twitter wanging on about how we hadn't won a game convincingly since early December - like that was a legitimate complaint and the wins against Killie, County, Dundee and Aberdeen were worth getting bent out of shape over because of our form in February.

For the avoidance of doubt, this wasn't me.

3 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

We really need to win this game if we are to get our season back on track. ...

Could say the same thing for the Staggies - it was all going so well in the first quarter. We've arguably had a rough several months, though probably grinding towards our natural level for the season - which is hopefully better than relegation.

Not Jell of the Well, but where did you think you'd be by now when you contemplated the start of the season? Is 3rd your legitimate level for this season?

23 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

Could say the same thing for the Staggies - it was all going so well in the first quarter. We've arguably had a rough several months, though probably grinding towards our natural level for the season - which is hopefully better than relegation.

Not Jell of the Well, but where did you think you'd be by now when you contemplated the start of the season? Is 3rd your legitimate level for this season?

I think we'd all probably have taken 6th at the start of the season, but the fact we ended up pretty comfortable in 3rd at one point without actually looking particularly decent- and would probably be 6 or 7 points clear if we'd been even remotely competent during February- means anything less than 4th will be viewed as a collapse.

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Could be 4-4-2, could be 3-5-2 with Foster and Mullin wingbacks.

I'd probably prefer that tbh, especially when Fontaine is a starter. It will be interesting to see how Spittal, Vigurs and Cowie shape up. 

I'm always surprised that Paton isn't one of the first selected, he's looked good whenever I've seen him. 

I'd probably prefer that tbh, especially when Fontaine is a starter. It will be interesting to see how Spittal, Vigurs and Cowie shape up. 
I'm always surprised that Paton isn't one of the first selected, he's looked good whenever I've seen him. 

I didn’t notice that. He’s not even on the bench, so I assume he’s hurt. I also rather get the feeling that the managers don’t really trust him, but he definitely adds dynamism to the midfield in my eyes.

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I didn’t notice that. He’s not even on the bench, so I assume he’s hurt. I also rather get the feeling that the managers don’t really trust him, but he definitely adds dynamism to the midfield in my eyes.

A late change on the bench, Spence replaces Draper.