Motherwell vs Ross County

I vowed after the Hibs game that I wouldn't lay eyes on this County team until the trip to Tynecastle.

A draw and a win later and I'm buzzing to spend my Wednesday night in an empty away end, watching some really dreadful football. They just always find a way to pull me back in, no matter how hard I resist.

c21d6c6510e1b3b1e66616eaf9ac602b.jpg

Would love to see Stewart up front with Mckay but it's probably way too soon to start him at this point.
I'll take a point but with the form Motherwell are in right now i'd be hoping we could try sneak a win.
2-1 County Mckay and a Vigurs free kick...

He was training this morning. I’d imagine he’ll be on the bench and soon be starting, because he’s our second most reliable striker - although the way the team currently lines up,he’ll likely spend half the time wide left.

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

He was training this morning. I’d imagine he’ll be on the bench and soon be starting, because he’s our second most reliable striker - although the way the team currently lines up,he’ll likely spend half the time wide left.

Are we not playing 5-3-2 still?

On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 15:04, Ron Aldo said:

Do we have to?

4 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Me, very IRL thinking about Motherwell games at the moment...

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, well fan for life said:

I'd rather start a man short than start Mugabi at centre half. 

Would definitely start that as a front 3 though. 

2 hours ago, Swello said:

A vaguely competent performance would be nice.

That's as much as my current expectation levels allow me to hope for.

So Glum you Wellies!
How tough can it really be to still be in the top 3 for so much of the season?

Why not just relax and slide back towards respctable lower top 6 obscurity, passing County your spare points this week?

Edited by Les Westander of County

18 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

So Glum you Wellies!

Why not just relax and slide back towards respctable lower top 6 obscurity, passing County your spare points this week?

We're only in the top 3 because no other c**t wants it. 😂

51 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

So Glum you Wellies!

I mean, we're not complete ingrates. Most of us have a pretty sunny disposition but no wins in 8, daft red cards, players selling the jerseys and chucking late goals all over the place? It's fair to say February's been a grind.

That's before you even get to the sort of clown car performance that saw us 4-1 down at HT to St Mirren.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, Les Westander of County said:

So Glum you Wellies!

It's just disorientating having our traditional Nov/Dec form in Jan/Feb - it'll all be forgotten when DT scores his first goal since his injury...

2 hours ago, Les Westander of County said:

So Glum you Wellies!

Just have a look at the current form table. In our last 6 games we have drawn 2 and lost 4. That's also excluding the 2 draws and penalty knockout from st Mirren in the scottish cup.

We really need a win to kick start the season again.

20200303_155009.jpg

Edited by Phillips455

4 hours ago, Swello said:

It's just disorientating having our traditional Nov/Dec form in Jan/Feb - it'll all be forgotten when DT scores his first goal since his injury...

Not looking forward to it slowly drifting later every season. In a few years we'll be ten points clear at the top of the league in April before the meltdown kicks in and we manage to chuck it away.

The Wellies v The Staggies
That has a nice wee ring to it.
The Sun will no doubt steal it as their headline on Thursday morning
Wellies Booted.

This sub editor malarkey is a doddle. Now how do I hack someone's answer phone...

19 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Not looking forward to it slowly drifting later every season. In a few years we'll be ten points clear at the top of the league in April before the meltdown kicks in and we manage to chuck it away.

But if it slips the following season it will skip an entire year and we are in the Champions League

I would love a win but have a feeling it will be a score draw. We need to turn a corner soon but we still seem quite fragile based on last performance at home to St Mirren. 

Not to be pedantic YM but our poor form really only kicked in during February. So you can console yourself that we have only been utter dug meat for a month.....

We've beaten Aberdeen away so that'll get our hopes up while Motherwell are playing like guff.

So, therefore Motherwell 4-0 County.

41 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Not to be pedantic YM but our poor form really only kicked in during February. So you can console yourself that we have only been utter dug meat for a month.....

I was away to post the same thing tbh.

It's wild that 4 weeks ago everyone it was all cool, cool, cool after 3 clean sheets since the winter break: a 3-0 cup win, a 1-0 away win at Pittodrie and a decent performance and clean sheet against in a 0-0 with Hibs.

Honestly feels like last season given we've played 7 games since then.

I noticed a Motherwell fan account on Twitter wanging on about how we hadn't won a game convincingly since early December - like that was a legitimate complaint and the wins against Killie, County, Dundee and Aberdeen were worth getting bent out of shape over because of our form in February.

Edited by capt_oats