Saturday 29th February

Hello lads

I love visiting Scottish grounds and will be heading up to Glasgow on Saturday to watch a match but was a bit concerned about the weather forecast.

My plan was to attend Albion Rovers v Elgin City but Albion's last home match was postponed so could that happen again on Saturday? My alternative plan was to go to Dumbarton v Raith Rovers if the Albion Rovers game is postponed. Do you think either of these games are likely to be postponed?

I will be arriving by train into Glasgow at 12pm and leaving at 6.40pm. Is there alternate matches you would recommenced if the two I've mentioned are postponed?

Thank you

Hello lads
I love visiting Scottish grounds and will be heading up to Glasgow on Saturday to watch a match but was a bit concerned about the weather forecast.
My plan was to attend Albion Rovers v Elgin City but Albion's last home match was postponed so could that happen again on Saturday? My alternative plan was to go to Dumbarton v Raith Rovers if the Albion Rovers game is postponed. Do you think either of these games are likely to be postponed?
I will be arriving by train into Glasgow at 12pm and leaving at 6.40pm. Is there alternate matches you would recommenced if the two I've mentioned are postponed?
Thank you
Queen's Park v Annan at Hampden and you'll get in for a fiver

11 minutes ago, houstonspider said:
32 minutes ago, groundhopping said:
Hello lads
Thank you

Queen's Park v Annan at Hampden and you'll get in for a fiver

Sorry I have been to Hampden before so would prefer to do a new ground, thank you for your suggestion though will keep it in mind.

Hello lads
Thank you
If you are happy enough to watch non-league football there are nearly a dozen Glasgow area teams scheduled to play at home in the SJFA West Region on Saturday, at least one of whom (Petershill) play on an artificial pitch (although it's far from the best ground to visit IMO). 2pm kick offs.

There's also a Neilston vs Pollok Junior Cup Quarter Final (another train journey definitely involved to get there) which is a 2:15 kick off.

4 minutes ago, Markka said:

If you are happy enough to watch non-league football there are nearly a dozen Glasgow area teams scheduled to play at home in the SJFA West Region on Saturday, at least one of whom (Petershill) play on an artificial pitch (although it's far from the best ground to visit IMO). 2pm kick offs.

There's also a Neilston vs Pollok Junior Cup Quarter Final (another train journey definitely involved to get there) which is a 2:15 kick off.

Thank you. Yes would watch non-league if the others are postponed. Is there any in particular you'd recommend? Either ones easy to get to from Glasgow Central station or old style grounds with lots of character? Thanks

Hello lads
Thank you

Stenhousemuir v Cove. Train to Larbert is about 30 mins from Glasgow QS. And it is an artificial pitch so should be on.

Thank you. Yes would watch non-league if the others are postponed. Is there any in particular you'd recommend? Either ones easy to get to from Glasgow Central station or old style grounds with lots of character? Thanks
I've not been to them all. Most have reasonable links via bus or train from near Glasgow Central.

For example, Shettleston is a few minutes walk from Carntyne railway station, which is only a short journey from Glasgow QS. Vale of Clyde is a few minutes walk from Tollcross Road, which you can get to via the number 61 bus from outside Central. I'd recommend using public transport directions on Google maps if you aren't familiar with the area.

However, the rain has been pretty persistent in Glasgow now since this morning, so there could well be a lot of junior games postponed. If you're in the area and looking for one on at short notice, probably best to monitor the SJFA West Region website/twitter.

5 minutes ago, Markka said:

I've not been to them all. Most have reasonable links via bus or train from near Glasgow Central.

For example, Shettleston is a few minutes walk from Carntyne railway station, which is only a short journey from Glasgow QS. Vale of Clyde is a few minutes walk from Tollcross Road, which you can get to via the number 61 bus from outside Central. I'd recommend using public transport directions on Google maps if you aren't familiar with the area.

However, the rain has been pretty persistent in Glasgow now since this morning, so there could well be a lot of junior games postponed. If you're in the area and looking for one on at short notice, probably best to monitor the SJFA West Region website/twitter.

Thank you very much for your help. Think if the two I was looking to go to are postponed will head to a match with an artificial pitch, either Clyde v Falkirk or a non-league match.

Thank you very much for your help. Think if the two I was looking to go to are postponed will head to a match with an artificial pitch, either Clyde v Falkirk or a non-league match.

Pitch inspection at Albion Rovers at 7:30am tomorrow so you’ll know early if it’s on. Can’t see it going ahead though.

38 minutes ago, petercam said:

Pitch inspection at Albion Rovers at 7:30am tomorrow so you’ll know early if it’s on. Can’t see it going ahead though.

Thanks for info. Be good to know before I get into Glasgow. Looks like will be heading to Clyde. 

Shame about the weather because was looking forward to Cliftonville.