2020/2021 Scottish Cup

Burnie_man

46 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I know it's not a surprise but Rangers at home to Cove? FFS. I wonder if the publicity for this game will be as sickening as the one they did last year for Rangers at home to Stranraer?

To be fair, Premier don’t even try to pretend they care about the other teams. 

At least when they pick up the Celtic and Sevco games, it means we get decent ties on the BBC.

Edited by The Master

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I know it's not a surprise but Rangers at home to Cove? FFS. I wonder if the publicity for this game will be as sickening as the one they did last year for Rangers at home to Stranraer?

Have Rangers ever beaten another club called Rangers. I seem to recall them coming a cropper against Berwick Rangers in the past.

4 minutes ago, John07 said:

Have Rangers ever beaten another club called Rangers. I seem to recall them coming a cropper against Berwick Rangers in the past.

We've beaten Berwick Rangers 12 times, won 9, drawn 2 (once in 2012, once in 2002) and lost the famous game in the sixties.

Don't think we've ever played Cove before. Never played QPR either, and I can't think of any other Rangers teams that we'd be likely to play.

We've beaten Berwick Rangers 12 times, won 9, drawn 2 (once in 2012, once in 2002) and lost the famous game in the sixties.
Don't think we've ever played Cove before. Never played QPR either, and I can't think of any other Rangers teams that we'd be likely to play.
Er, Brora maybe?
Eminently possible some time soon.

And if Rangers had started where you should've in 2012 you'd already have played Cambuslang & Kilwinning...

You definitely have played QPR, in the late '60s I think in a pre-season friendly. I used to have the programme. Pretty sure there was crowd trouble.

36 minutes ago, cdisaaccie said:

Er, Brora maybe?
Eminently possible some time soon.

And if Rangers had started where you should've in 2012 you'd already have played Cambuslang & Kilwinning...

Rangers started at the bottom of the pyramid in 2012.

50 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:
1 hour ago, G51 said:

You definitely have played QPR, in the late '60s I think in a pre-season friendly. I used to have the programme. Pretty sure there was crowd trouble.

I am utterly stunned at this revelation.

2 hours ago, lionel wickson said:
3 hours ago, G51 said:

Was only counting competitive games. We've played Brora twice in friendlies in recent years.

On 24/03/2021 at 09:53, craigkillie said:

This is possible, but neither club's Twitter account makes references to any sort of head knocks (or even injuries) when discussing the substitutions.

Cowdenbeath made 3 normal subs as did Partick.  You only get 3 subs in Scottish Cup plus 1 more in any extra time.  Kyle Miller was reported as coming on as a 4th sub but it never happened!  Then Cowden took Graham Taylor off after he was knocked off the pitch and hit his head on the track.  A concussion sub was made and PT then followed suit

On 24/03/2021 at 12:33, The Master said:

Interesting the BBC have 3 games. 

They didn’t normally show replays so I can’t imagine it’s compensation for that. Maybe to do with the delay to the competition?

Could be to make up for not showing a game in the last round? 

Edited by C. Muir

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:
2 hours ago, C. Muir said:
Could be to make up for not showing a game in the last round? 

They did show two games - Queen of the South v Queen's Park and Dundee v Bonnyrigg.

Watched both aswell 😄 Mixed up because they ties got played before the lower league shut down.

I would hinder a guess that this is BBC's compensation for the delayed Round 3. Plus they may be helping clubs who are playing in the 3pm slot produce a matchday feed for their PPV as Sportscene usually sends at least a couple of OB Units for Feature Highlights of Last 32 games, so an extra live game may well be comp. for that as well.

TV Money from the (4th usually) 3rd Round onwards is about £18-20k per club from memory, used to be more but the SFA decided that more of that money should go into the general Prize Pot and not to clubs.

Edited by ArabAuslander

I've noticed a lot of fans saying they are not bothered about the cup this year in the match threads.

I really hope its a one off as the decline of the FA Cup happened very fast , probably around the time Man U had to withdraw one season to play in the World club championship.

I appreciate those in the league one have a game every 3 days just now but it looks like the cup is only of interest to those in the top 6 plus St Mirren, Dundee United and Motherwell with everyone else having more Important matters in the league just now. The fact that there are more League one teams in the last 32 than Championship teams would indicate that the clubs may also see it this way this season.