2020/2021 Scottish Cup

Burnie_man

"12.5 When a Match which is postponed, drawn, or abandoned is played or replayed, only those Players who were eligible, by means of their registration, to be listed on the Official Team Line for a Club at the date fixed for originally playing the Match, are eligible to be listed on the Official Team Line for that Club for the rescheduled Match"
has this been changed given the suspension by the SFA/government and length of it? if not it will cause havoc for a few clubs on Tuesday with the amount of signings they have made and cannot use them.

Yes, this has been changed.

Tonight is the night for the 2nd round fixtures.

• Nairn County vs Montrose - 19.30 K.O.
  • Arbroath vs Falkirk - 19:45 K.O.
  • Brora Rangers vs Hearts - 19:45 K.O.
  • Dumbarton vs Huntly - 19:45 K.O.
  • Elgin vs Ayr - 19:45 K.O.
  • Formartine United vs Annan Athletic - 19:45 K.O.
  • Keith vs Clyde - 19:45 K.O.
  • Morton vs Dunfermline - 19:45 K.O.
  • Partick Thistle vs Cowdenbeath - 19:45 K.O.
  • Peterhead vs Stenhousemuir - 19:45 K.O.
  • Stirling vs Raith Rovers - 19:45 K.O.
  • Buckie Thistle vs Inverness CT - 20:00 K.O.

Another of these fixtures won't have a thread but my pick for tonight would be the hearts, Annan, morton and Inverness games.

• Hearts - potential for a cup upset. I highly doubt it but it is possible.
  • Annan - bit bias as the winner will be playing my Team (Motherwell) in the next round. 
  • Morton - to big championship teams who will be going all out for a spot in the next round.
  • Inverness - battle of the thistles.

I have been looking around to see if any of these fixtures are on TV (Premier sports or BBC) but it doesn't appear to be the case. As a result you will most likely be able to watch a match via the home teams PPV channel if they have one set-up.

2 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

I have been looking around to see if any of these fixtures are on TV (Premier sports or BBC) but it doesn't appear to be the case. As a result you will most likely be able to watch a match via the home teams PPV channel if they have one set-up.

I was hoping maybe there would be something on YouTube. I really enjoy the early rounds of the cup and usually if I can I'd try and attend one of the games per round.

If anyone knows which clubs are doing PPV or if there are any ones going to be free on YouTube or the like I'd like to know.

32 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I was hoping maybe there would be something on YouTube. I really enjoy the early rounds of the cup and usually if I can I'd try and attend one of the games per round.

If anyone knows which clubs are doing PPV or if there are any ones going to be free on YouTube or the like I'd like to know.

I'd assume most will be on PPV?  Elgin v Ayr is anyway for a tenner, not actually checked for any others.  

2 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

Peterhead v Stenny will be PPV, £10.

https://www.peterheadfc.org/video/

PPV price comparison for tonight's games, in case any neutrals are undecided...

Nairn County v Montrose - £7.99

Arbroath v Falkirk - £12

Brora v Hearts - £12

Dumbarton v Huntly - £10

Elgin v Ayr Utd - £9.99

Formartine v Annan - Couldn't find details for this one

Keith v Clyde - £8

Morton v Dunfermline - £12

Partick v Cowdenbeath - £10

Peterhead v Stenhousemuir - £10

Stirling Albion v Raith - £10

Buckie v Inverness - £10

The SFA did a thread with links to all the PPVs.
Wee bit surprised nobody picked up a game for live broadcast, there's not a single match on TV tonight anywhere.

The BBC used both their games for this round back in January and Premier don't have any until the next round.

4 minutes ago, true_rover said:
5 minutes ago, GordonS said:
The SFA did a thread with links to all the PPVs.
Wee bit surprised nobody picked up a game for live broadcast, there's not a single match on TV tonight anywhere.

The BBC used both their games for this round back in January and Premier don't have any until the next round.

Yes, I think the fact tonight is a “catch-up” is throwing people a little. 

None of these ties would have been on TV on their originally scheduled date.

21 minutes ago, The Master said:

Yes, I think the fact tonight is a “catch-up” is throwing people a little. 

None of these ties would have been on TV on their originally scheduled date.

Sure, but couldn't either Premier or BBC have been able to pick up another game tonight for very little cost? They'd have had the schedules to themselves.

8 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Sure, but couldn't either Premier or BBC have been able to pick up another game tonight for very little cost? They'd have had the schedules to themselves.

Why would it be little cost?

The SFA would certainly look for the average cost of a 1st/2nd round game under the current contract (however you might work that out).

8 minutes ago, The Master said:

Why would it be little cost?

The SFA would certainly look for the average cost of a 1st/2nd round game under the current contract (however you might work that out).

A single second-round game on a take-it-or-leave basis, I would have thought it would be a few tens of thousands. Maybe not worth it for the broadcaster once their costs are taken into account but with an incredibly rare completely blank schedule I thought it might be worth it. There would be a small but real audience across the UK for something like Brora v Hearts, with no other matches on.

8 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

Mmmm     No !

Most teams have far more important league matches to play and Jan be no need for further fixture congestion by progressing in the cup. 

Stirling played their reserves against us tonight. Its just an inconvenience. 

Nairn 1-7 Montrose
Keith 0-2 Clyde
Arbroath 1-2 Falkirk
Elgin 0-4 Ayr
Formartine 1-1 (3-1p) Annan
Morton 0-0 (6-5p) Dunfermline
Dumbarton 4-0 Huntly
Peterhead 0-1 Stenhousmuir
Stirling 0-2 Raith
Partick 3-0 Cowdenbeath
Brora 2-1 Hearts
Buckie 2-3 Inverness