2020/2021 Scottish Cup

Burnie_man

31 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That wouldn't make any sense at all - who would the SFA be doing this deal with? Themselves? It made more sense as an argument when they were leasing it.

That was my thinking as well. It's probably just Young talking out his arse.

It's 4.15 to 4.55 in this clip.

5 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Chick Young was on Call Kaye this morning (what a combo) I was only half listening, but I'm sure he claimed that as part of the deal to buy Hampden, it is stipulated that cup finals have to be held at Hampden.

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

That wouldn't make any sense at all - who would the SFA be doing this deal with? Themselves? It made more sense as an argument when they were leasing it.

I dont think Chico is that far off the mark.

Wasnt there something when willie haughey stepped in throwing cash around - at the point they seriously considered moving to Murrayfield?

His proviso for the cash injection being that all the finals had to be in Glasgow as (like all Old Firm fans) he would have an aneurysm if he had to travel somewhere else for a cup final?

Surely the fact the SFA have been asking clubs if they want to host the Final means the idea they have to host every Final at Hampden is bollocks?

Or am I missing something?

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Surely the fact the SFA have been asking clubs if they want to host the Final means the idea they have to host every Final at Hampden is bollocks?

Or am I missing something?

Not really, I wasnt being entirely serious. I just cba with that p***k Haughey.............

The debenture holders (I am one) also still have a contract with the SFA for 2 league cup semi finals, 2 Scottish cup semi finals and the 2 finals going forward.

Under Covid rules obviously we have no rights to attend and there would have been no objections to the game being moved.

I am in the fortunate position of probably being at the final if we make it as part of our media team but for the likes of my Dad at 76 who knows if we will make a final again, he's already missed one this season so to miss a second will not be great

With such small crowd numbers moving the game would cost too much , Celtic took more out of the 2014 pot than was paid to either Dundee United or Saints 

The League Cup semi-finals weren't previously guaranteed to be at Hampden, so why would debenture seat holders now have the right to those?

The argument for moving the game shouldn't purely be financial either, if there is an opportunity to allow supporters to watch their team lifting a trophy that should seriously be explored.

On 29/04/2021 at 17:05, craigkillie said:

The League Cup semi-finals weren't previously guaranteed to be at Hampden, so why would debenture seat holders now have the right to those?

The argument for moving the game shouldn't purely be financial either, if there is an opportunity to allow supporters to watch their team lifting a trophy that should seriously be explored.

its always been on the debentures as per the prospectus, they just move them some years and as a debenture holder if you wanted to go to any of the other grounds they would sort you out with a good seat. The same happened when some Scotland games were moved for the Commonwealth games.

I fully agree with the non financial comment but to be honest from listening to Darryl Broadfoot on radio Scotland it sounded more to me that those in power are happy to let things run as they are this season. They will get into the final and won't have the inconvenience of any fans spoiling their day. They seem to think that a quarter full Hampden for 4 games at the Euros is a major achievement when I for one see it as a major failure.  Again those at the SFA and some government ministers won't be that bothered as they will be there.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know who is on the competitions committee for this years Scottish cup?

Surely they all need replaced at the AGM

Between the farce of the summer into Autumn when non league teams were told they could not play, then offered a bribe not to enter , followed then by a late start,  

Credit to them for getting the competition finished but the lack of planning for the final with no thought for fans the SFA do share a lot of the blame for the mess this has become.

Yet we will have Darryl Broadfoot on radio Scotland on Monday night blaming everyone else and refusing to answer why no venue outside Glasgow was ever properly looked at. 

How can Rod Petrie look any Hibs fans in the face after this total shambles ?