2020/2021 Scottish Cup

Burnie_man

Just now, realmadrid said:

Cup suspended until at least 1st February.

That could cause a problem for two teams from Glasgow - one still in Europe and one with several games already needing rearranged.

With some creative thinking, the Cup could go Monday 1st/Tuesday 2nd, bumping the next two Premiership rounds on a day or two. 

23 minutes ago, The Master said:

That could cause a problem for two teams from Glasgow - one still in Europe and one with several games already needing rearranged.

With some creative thinking, the Cup could go Monday 1st/Tuesday 2nd, bumping the next two Premiership rounds on a day or two. 

I'd be surprised if the suspension isn't extended, to be honest. March might be more likely.

Celtic have no games needing rearranged - they've all been scheduled already.

It would be a good idea for the Premiership to bring some fixtures forward to that weekend though, otherwise everyone is sitting idle.

1 minute ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Don't get the cancelling of cup ties involving only premiership clubs and championship clubs? 

As it stands there would only be 3 ties playable in the 3rd round and only 1 of the outstanding round 2 games could be played.

Much better to make it the same rules for everyone and bring forward a set of league games in the Premiership and Championship.

33 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

As it stands there would only be 3 ties playable in the 3rd round and only 1 of the outstanding round 2 games could be played.

Much better to make it the same rules for everyone and bring forward a set of league games in the Premiership and Championship.

I fair comment bringing a full league game weekend forward to the 30th.

4 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Now 1-1......and Camelon down to 10 men....... according to Radio Scotland

Aye, Camelon getting worn down.

I think they've let the apprentice loose on the camera  in the second half, can't track the ball and doesn't know when to pull back the frame.

• 1 month later...

It's getting late very early for the SFA/JRG/ScotGov to decide what to do on this.

I'd like to see something a wee bit unique done here. Lets move some league fixtures forward and see if we can find a three-week window at the end of the season where it's all Scottish Cup, all the time.

8 minutes ago, G51 said:

It's getting late very early for the SFA/JRG/ScotGov to decide what to do on this.

I'd like to see something a wee bit unique done here. Lets move some league fixtures forward and see if we can find a three-week window at the end of the season where it's all Scottish Cup, all the time.

There are two Premiership rounds scheduled in the week after the final, which would also need to be played somewhere other than Hampden if it's after 8th May.

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

There are two Premiership rounds scheduled in the week after the final, which would also need to be played somewhere other than Hampden if it's after 8th May.

I can't see the final location being a problem given it's unlikely any of us will be able to go to watch it. There are loads of grounds that could host it. Pick the one with the best camera angles.

We're really running out of dates now.

26 minutes ago, G51 said:

I can't see the final location being a problem given it's unlikely any of us will be able to go to watch it. There are loads of grounds that could host it. Pick the one with the best camera angles.

We're really running out of dates now.

With lower league football no closer to hearing any potential returns to even training never mind games thus looking more likely to not even re-start at all, I honestly can't see the cup going ahead. Either cancel it or start where we left off next season. Although clubs already out will moan if it's the latter. 

Edited by C. Muir