2020/2021 Scottish Cup

Burnie_man

5-1 East Fife. The third goal looks to have completely drained the energy from them. I don't think Tranent deserve to be getting beat so heavily but the gap between the 3rd and 6th tier is showing in the 2nd half. 

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Thought that this was a piss-take tbh. WTF is wrong with these imbeciles running the SFA?

Same as the last round. Though given the number of games still outstanding it'll take a while to read out all the names.

On 06/01/2021 at 18:22, Auld Heid said:

A few games played indoors a few years back in the junior Scottish.

Drop ball every time the ball hit the roof.

Blantyre Vics v Broughty in the 2011 SJC. It was the first ever cup game in Scotland to be played indoors. Don't know if there has been any others since. Broughty won 2-1. The ball hit the roof a few times. A surreal experience but after 9 call offs probably the right one. 

1 hour ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Blantyre Vics v Broughty in the 2011 SJC. It was the first ever cup game in Scotland to be played indoors. Don't know if there has been any others since. Broughty won 2-1. The ball hit the roof a few times. A surreal experience but after 9 call offs probably the right one. 

I did go to one at Ravenscraig- it was Thorniewood v one of the East Juniors (may have been Camelon funnily enough) in the Junior Cup.

I think indoor fixtures are common in Scandinavia in winter but the game had the air of the school gym about it.

17 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Tomorrow at 11am

I am just hoping we will get Rangers or Celtic at home.

Meanwhile Hibs will get some random non league side at Easter Road. 

Edited by welldaft

Congratulations to Cove who were behind twice before they progressed with a late winner at the Recs.  Also big ups to the Broch who beat Junior outfit Banks O' Dee by the odd goal in three.  

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

I am just hoping we will get Rangers or Celtic at home.

Meanwhile Hibs will get some random non league side at Easter Road. 

It would not surprise me if Booby Madden was unmasked as our undoing in the draw. Probably draw a second division side only for that twat to f**k us over again and order a redraw. 

It was a penalty. 

On 08/01/2021 at 18:04, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Will be some laugh when we end up with something like Greenock Morton or Dunfermline Athletic Vs Brora Rangers or Camelon Juniors or Hearts.

The Camelon v Brora Round 1 tie being played after several Round 2 ties is fairly uncommon, but not unprecedented in the Scottish Cup.

The last time it happened was 2010/11, when the 3rd Round replay between Threave and Stenhousemuir, originally scheduled for 27th November, was postponed 16 times and was eventually played on 12th January, after most Round 4 ties were played.

There was an even more extreme case in 1981/82, when the 1st Round replays between Cowdenbeath and Civil Service Strollers and Clachnacuddin and Fraserburgh were both eventually played on 25th January, which was after several 3rd Round ties had taken place on 23rd January. The Clach v Fraserburgh game went to extra time - this was in the days of matches going to never-ending replays, so they were fairly close to having to play yet again.

On 08/01/2021 at 19:43, parsforlife said:

Another curiosity.  I see kelty have moved their game to starks.  Providing Raith get a home tie that’s potentially 3 sides using the same ground for home ties.  Any other examples of this? 2 teams isn’t that uncommon with ground shares and ties being moved,  but 3 must be very rare.

I make it that this has happened on three previous occasions - it's possible there were more in the pre-WWI era when the number of entrants were massive and there isn't much information about where ties were played.

1928/29 - Tynecastle (Hearts, Civil Service Strollers, Murrayfield Amateurs)
1996/97 - Firhill (Partick Thistle, Clydebank, Clyde)
2016/17 - Excelsior Stadium (Airdrie, Albion Rovers, Glasgow Uni)

In 1928/29, Strollers v Fraserburgh and Murrayfield v Arbroath were both played at Tynecastle, presumably because these clubs' own grounds weren't suitable for some reason or another.

In 1996/97, Clyde were groundsharing with Thistle. Clydebank were groundsharing at Boghead at the time, but it was ruled unsuitable on safety grounds and the game was moved to Firhill.

In 2016/17, Glasgow Uni were groundsharing with Airdrie.  Albion Rovers had their game against Celtic moved for safety reasons.

Don't want a top flight side, as we'll be out.

Don't want a lower league side, as we'll be out embarrassingly.

Lesser of two evils means I want a top flight side.

Save our great away day to diddy side for when fans are back pls.

It's absolutely wild to have this draw at 11am on a Sunday. I get that maybe they didn't want to have it after one of the TV games in case it went to ET and they ran out of time, but even so surely they could have at least had it on Sportscene like they did last year.

A Sunday morning when loads of folk are probably still in bed or making their breakfast is just weird.

Theres no better excitement than Scottish cup draw. Trumps the league fixtures and all the Diddy cups from Champions league to Lower league nonsence any day o week...

Very bizarre the draw is for Round 3 is on a you tube channel. 80% of OF fans prob dont even know draw on i bet but same could be said for same people when their team are playing every other sat & their wandering around glasgow city centre shopping with WATP tshirts or Queens 11 shirts & so on...

Yer Mithers Pride[emoji1267]