2020/2021 Scottish Cup

Burnie_man

That's yer Camelon - Brora game off yet again. :lol:

Pity there are no replays this season, I'd love to see the game finally go ahead, only for it to be 0-0 with a few minutes left.

The referee running around the park frantically trying to create a penalty out of thin air. 34583256_JackRoss.png.182d709425d8149782461e6e828c33e3.png

6 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Pity there are no replays this season, I'd love to see the game finally go ahead, only for it to be 0-0 with a few minutes left.

The referee running around the park frantically trying to create a penalty out of thin air. 34583256_JackRoss.png.182d709425d8149782461e6e828c33e3.png

Handball,  Penalty.  ‘Eh ref,  I’m the keeper, and I’m taking a goal kick.’

6 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Will be some laugh when we end up with something like Greenock Morton or Dunfermline Athletic Vs Brora Rangers or Camelon Juniors or Hearts.

In England they’re drawing R4 and R5 together which could in theory lead to (using the first four games tomorrow):

Boreham Wood or Millwall or Everton or Rotherham v Luton or Reading or Norwich or Coventry 

1 hour ago, Flash said:

It is a thing apparently, I'm just assuming in most cases it's cost prohibitive in the same way undersoil heating is on a normal pitch.

Does anyone know if there is a procedure for the camelon/Brora vs hearts game in terms of scheduling?

For example the fact it can’t happen this weekend does that mean it should automatically be attempted on Wednesday? (Providing the first tie is played on Monday).  And if the first tie doesn’t go ahead on Monday does the 2nd tie go straight to Saturday-Monday-Wednesday attempts?    Or will once the home side is decided will a Saturday date be given and follow the same procedures as if it was this weekend?

looking at you @HibeeJibee  ... 

EDIT- probably an even greater importance getting ties played with time to spare before the next round,  given anyone who draws a premiership club would need to arrange COVID testing and get results in time.

Edited by parsforlife

Another curiosity.  I see kelty have moved their game to starks.  Providing Raith get a home tie that’s potentially 3 sides using the same ground for home ties.  Any other examples of this? 2 teams isn’t that uncommon with ground shares and ties being moved,  but 3 must be very rare.

Edited by parsforlife

4 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Another curiosity.  I see kelty have moved their game to starks.  Providing Raith get a home tie that’s potentially 3 sides using the same ground for home ties.  Any other examples of this? 2 teams isn’t that uncommon with ground shares and ties being moved,  but 3 must be very rare.

I believe our (Edinburgh City) agreement with Spartans to share Ainslie Park means that if there is a Scottish Cup clash City would play on the Friday and Spartans on the Saturday.

This happened last year when we played a home tie against Banks o Dee on a Friday night and Spartans played on the Saturday. I'm happy enough with the arrangement as Spartans have played a lot of Lowland League games on a Friday when we have SPFL fixtures on the Saturday.

25 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I believe our (Edinburgh City) agreement with Spartans to share Ainslie Park means that if there is a Scottish Cup clash City would play on the Friday and Spartans on the Saturday.

This happened last year when we played a home tie against Banks o Dee on a Friday night and Spartans played on the Saturday. I'm happy enough with the arrangement as Spartans have played a lot of Lowland League games on a Friday when we have SPFL fixtures on the Saturday.

Of course the 3 teams scenario could have also happened at ainslie had Bonnyrigg v Bo’ness been played there. 

15 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Out of interest, who else is using Starks park? (Raith obviously, Kelty and who else)

Out of interest, who else is using Starks park? (Raith obviously, Kelty and who else)
The Kelty v Stranraer game is a late ko today because the ground was being used by a fourth team for a home tie. Thornton Hibs were scheduled to be playing Nithsdale Wanderers in the South Challenge Cup at 2pm. Nithsdale withdrew from the competition last night, however, and looks as though SOSL may be about to suspend their season.

23 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Is that Jack Ross looking in on his old team Camelon?