2020/2021 Scottish Cup

Burnie_man

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Clubs can have their ground to any standard they want, sometimes there's bad weather and pitches are frozen for weeks. It happens in the SPFL too. Camelon did try to move the game - it was supposed to be at Dunpiace tonight - but funnily enough it was still frosty there.

Don't they look at forecasts. Camelon could have maeby had enquired about moving it to. Say Herriot watt indoor. 

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Is indoor football even allowed?

Generally not, would need board to agree.

No match in the Competition shall take place at any stadium where the playing area is covered or partially covered by a roof or other form of canopy without the prior consent of the Board.

2 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

A few games played indoors a few years back in the junior Scottish.

Drop ball every time the ball hit the roof.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

No match in the Competition shall take place at any stadium where the playing area is covered or partially covered by a roof or other form of canopy without the prior consent of the Board.

Sorry, I don't mean is it allowed under normal circumstances, I mean is it allowed under the covid restrictions? Would have thought outdoor would have been very much preferred.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Sorry, I don't mean is it allowed under normal circumstances, I mean is it allowed under the covid restrictions? Would have thought outdoor would have been very much preferred.

Ah ok.  From what I can gather from A brief look at the tier guidelines indoor professional contact sport is allowed from level 2.  So no,  can’t be done legally.

Edit- done a little more digging,  professional exceptions can be granted for boxing etc at any level,  however these seem quite specific and need an agreement from Scot gov.  I highly doubt they’d allow a riskier activity just to avoid a few days or even weeks delay to an event.  Given the hoops already needing jumped through I highly doubt anyone at the SFA is thinking ‘ we really need this cup tie to go ahead,  let’s go put ourselves under additional strain and discuss with Scot gov over what additional steps we can put in place to allow games to go ahead indoor.

Edited by parsforlife

19 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Is indoor football even allowed?

18 hours ago, lithgierose said:

No idea m8

There's nothing in the legislation to prohibit indoor professional sport, and we've had snooker, tennis and darts during lockdown restrictions. The Scottish rugby team have trained at Oriam and I think the Scotland football team probably have too.

17 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

A few games played indoors a few years back in the junior Scottish.

Drop ball every time the ball hit the roof.

I've watched an indoor game at Toryglen, a couple at Ravenscraig and loads at Oriam. I think I've seen the ball hit the roof at Ravenscraig but never at Oriam. You'd really have to be trying to hit that roof.

16 hours ago, parsforlife said:

They'd need permission to switch the game anyway, and given the weather and fixture congestion, plus the SFA's familiarity with Oriam already, I'd be surprised if it were a problem.