2020/2021 Scottish Cup

Burnie_man

Well we’re through but that was pathetic that we had to take the game to extra time. Our finishing and final ball was utterly atrocious and the way we set up the midfield frustrates the life out of me. Without slater, the creativity is non existent, no penetration whatsoever. We dominated completely but if your not gonna take your chances, your always putting yourself at risk of a sucker punch. I’ll give Murray the benefit of the doubt considering he’s not fit but his miss was inexcusable, horrendous miss. Quitongo comfortably man of the match for me, terrific all game and deserved the goal. The debate whether we’re a championship standard squad will be shown against QOS and I’m quietly confident we’ll get a result 

Edited by qpfc

Just now, qpfc said:

Well we’re through but that was pathetic that we had to take the game to extra time. Our finishing and final ball was utterly atrocious and the way we set up the midfield frustrates the life out of me. Without slater, the creativity is non existent, no penetration whatsoever. We dominated completely but if your not gonna take your chances, your always putting yourself at risk of a sucker punch. I’ll give Murray the benefit of the doubt considering he’s not fit but his miss was inexcusable, horrendous miss. Quitongo comfortably man of the match for me, terrific all game and deserved the goal. The debate whether we’re a championship standard squad will be shown against QOS and I’m quietly confident we’ll get a result 

QoS aren't Championship standard this season. Lower league 1 level.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I know their manager is proud of his team's performance but getting put of of Scottish Cup in the first round to Queens Park is not 'putting the club on the map'.

I would argue that getting the club on national TV is though.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I know their manager is proud of his team's performance but getting put of of Scottish Cup in the first round to Queens Park is not 'putting the club on the map'.

It's brought Dundonald Bluebell into some more prominence though. 

4 minutes ago, qpfc said:

. The debate whether we’re a championship standard squad will be shown against QOS and I’m quietly confident we’ll get a result 

QoS aren't even a championship standard squad, beating them in a one off game proves f**k all. 

11 minutes ago, qpfc said:

The debate whether we’re a championship standard squad will be shown against QOS and I’m quietly confident we’ll get a result 

Lol wut? You're nowhere near Championship standard. 

Screenshot_20201228-223514.png

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Lol wut? You're nowhere near Championship standard. 

Screenshot_20201228-223514.png

Would hardly put a meaningless league cup fixture as the barometer to whether we’re a championship standard team or not. Annan pumped Hamilton in the league cup, doesn’t mean they’re spl quality. All about opinions but I would certainly back the team to win against QOS at full strength tbh. Should be a good game hopefully when it comes. A repeat of last seasons result would be lovely  

Edited by qpfc

Would hardly put a meaningless league cup fixture as the barometer to whether we’re a championship standard team or not. Annan pumped Hamilton in the league cup, doesn’t mean they’re spl quality. All about opinions but I would certainly back the team to win against QOS at full strength tbh. Should be a good game hopefully when it comes. A repeat of last seasons result would be lovely  

Ah, so a convincing defeat to us in one cup doesn't mean you're not Championship quality but if you beat us in this cup then you are Championship quality?

I've said it already but we've only beaten two sides this season and one was you. This is the worst side to play in this division in years (apart from Brechin) and they swept QP aside with ease. Believe me when I say Queens Park aren't a Championship quality side. A result against a piss poor League 1 quality QoS side won't change that fact.

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Ah, so a convincing defeat to us in one cup doesn't mean you're not Championship quality but if you beat us in this cup then you are Championship quality?

I've said it already but we've only beaten two sides this season and one was you. This is the worst side to play in this division in years (apart from Brechin) and they swept QP aside with ease. Believe me when I say Queens Park aren't a Championship quality side. A result against a piss poor League 1 quality QoS side won't change that fact.

I agree with you. I don't think QP are a Championship quality side, and I think I leave all that swaggering talk to you guys. I'd be comfortable to make it to League 1 as a first step. From watching a lot of the highlights through the leagues, I think you are probably wise to cling to that result against us at the beginning of the season as proof that you are indeed a Championship team. It sets up a nice contest for us both. I admire your confidence.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

"Tell that to Declan McDaid," I imagine @Mr. Alli thinking. And I doubt I could disagree.

You're absolutely right, Declan McDaid is humdingin' which I said since day dot and many more are beginning to see it too. 

I also hasten to add, I was calling Simon Murray absolutely shite long before it was fashionable to do so. 

So aye; read my words, drink them in. Accept them its better for you in the long run P&B. 

(I have no idea how he played tonight, I just seen his name mentioned). 

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I’ll believe you that we’re not a Championship side. We’re an ensemble and each week the band is different. We’re still getting it together. What I would say is we’ve improved greatly since whenever our teams last met. And your team seemingly hasn’t. Should be a tight game.

23 hours ago, GordonS said:

Prefer Avis tbh. 

It's got to be noted that there hasn't been a single season yet in which a former Junior club has been in the play-off final, and only one season in which it could have been possible. There have been 5 play-offs, the L2 side has won three times and the challenger twice, one of the wins for the L2 side was on penalties and another was pretty odd.

It's also telling that neither of the relegated SPFL sides have come close to challenging for promotion from the Lowland League, though East Stirling and doing well this season (still got humped 4-1 by Tranent, though).

Having watched the game yesterday I have no doubt that Kelty and Bonnyrigg are considerably better than that Brechin team, and when clubs like Auchinleck Talbot are challenging there will surely be considerable movement out of the SPFL. 

There have, in point of fact, been two play off finals featuring ex-Junior clubs 

Edinburgh City were Juniors in the 1950s before going into abeyance in 1955. OK that's stretching it but;

Stepping up from the amateurs Cove Rangers had a season in the Aberdeenshire Juniors before joining the Highland League.