Dunfermline vs Dundee United - Sat 29th

Hard to pick a man of the match but for all the right reasons for a change. Thought the spine of the team were superb - Devine and Ashcroft were excellent in the last ten minutes when United tried to throw everything at us, Paton did everything an experienced old warhorse is meant to do and kept the ball well too, Turner was a lot better and played some nice passes out wide and over the top as well as grabbing an assist, the front two linked well and troubled the United back four the whole match and worked extremely hard (and kudos to Afolabi who was clearly done by the end but kept going after we had to make three enforced substitutions to the extent that he was brought down at the edge of the box where the United guy would have walked had the referee seen it).

The wide players were good too, Ross did well considering his lack of experience and Dom Thomas continues to look good. Killie must have some squad if Kiltie and Thomas are deemed surplus to requirements. I can see why the sponsors gave Dom the MotM award.

Overall, a good win and at long last we manage to beat United. They may well win the league by a long way but I don't see much of improvement from last season based on the games they've played against us. Shankland needs a player alongside him that isn't a midfielder pressed into service and he isn't going to score a lot of goals in a team that aren't creating buckets of chances. The back four looked iffy and they were susceptible to the counter attack. A lot of work for Neilson to do for next season.
Clark seemed to be that player and Shankland hasn't been as good since he got injured

Just want o add that Robbie Neilson is a p***k.  Delighted we scudded those minky c***s the day.

The seethe in his post match interview was brilliant. He’ll get found out in the premiership when he doesn’t have a budget far bigger than everyone else’s.

Robbie Neilson is one of life's great losers, so those comments don't come as any surprise to me. United need a far better manager and squad if they're to compete in the top flight next season but I'm sure they'll throw more money at the problem.

For us, we haven't played like that nearly enough this season. If we did then we'd be up there challenging but instead there's every chance we'll drop points at Arbroath on Wednesday night.

20 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Robbie Neilson is one of life's great losers, so those comments don't come as any surprise to me. United need a far better manager and squad if they're to compete in the top flight next season but I'm sure they'll throw more money at the problem.

For us, we haven't played like that nearly enough this season. If we did then we'd be up there challenging but instead there's every chance we'll drop points at Arbroath on Wednesday night.

Just listened to his interview after reading your post.  He started off well enough then went on to moan about timewasting and then the cup final nonsense.  Tell you what, blinkers in there.  United under him became the epitome of the “professional footballer” with nudges, pulls, nipping at the referee and linesmen, stealing ten yards at a throw in and yes, when it suited them, time wasting.  Though tbf maybe he’s getting afraid of being found out when the money runs out.  Let’s not forget this is the dude that celebrated getting to penalties in the play offs.... Bitter bitter man.  Though thats also the experience I had coming out the ground heading back to the car mixing with a group of middle aged Arabs bemoaning our time wasting and lack of quality (?).  They can’t wait to play a proper football team next time apparently.   I struggle to see how any United fan could watch that 90 minutes and not accept that (for once) they were just outclassed.  We’ve been due a good win against United for a while.

But what a performance from our team.  No failures and I hope th injuries clear up quickly.  Potential is there for a play off finish at the right end of the table but we’re going to need a touch of luck.

4 hours ago, King_Kozma said:

The seethe in his post match interview was brilliant. He’ll get found out in the premiership when he doesn’t have a budget far bigger than everyone else’s.

You’re jealousy shines through.

Didnt go to the game yesterday unfortunately but was not at all surprised to hear we had won. Said it a few times on this forum that we are easily capable of beating United (and just as capable of losing). 

Robbie Neilson will be cringing now the dust has settled. 

Unlucky on losing the cup final boys! 😂

Very poor performance from utd yet again and Dunfermline by far the better team. Though the number 23 was excellent. Famous steak birdie was stone cold. What's happened to the dunfermline support? Shocking turn out, although seemingly 6200 there

Very poor performance from utd yet again and Dunfermline by far the better team. Though the number 23 was excellent. Famous steak birdie was stone cold. What's happened to the dunfermline support? Shocking turn out, although seemingly 6200 there
Not a chance that the announced figure was near that. 5000 tops, provably very close to a 50/50 split.

37 minutes ago, Tap in 94 said:

Norrie looked very bare but I was in the North West and the atmosphere was excellent in there.

Compare that to the United support; runaway league leaders, massive away following and you could have heard a mouse piss on cotton in that stand. Seemingly a hefty part-time, glory hunting element made the trip.

9 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Norrie looked very bare but I was in the North West and the atmosphere was excellent in there.

Compare that to the United support; runaway league leaders, massive away following and you could have heard a mouse piss on cotton in that stand. Seemingly a hefty part-time, glory hunting element made the trip.

Be fair, it was a cup final. We found about 15 000 for our cup final in 2004 and not all of them were even football fans. Good effort by United. 

11 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I agree that we were strangely poor vocally yesterday but didnt hear much of the excellent atmosphere from you boys you talk about either. 

North west looked the fullest it had be for quite a while, some of that looked to have come from fans moving over from the norrie but it does look like a few more casual fans were in attendance than normal.  Main stand seemed to be the usual amount.  I know we use ‘tickets sold’ to make the crowd seem bigger but the home crowd was half decent.  We are going to struggle to get many more in without competing at the top of the division.