Excuses excuses

ICTChris

Deontay Wilder has blamed the heavy costume he wore during his ring walk for his pasting by Tyson Fury in Saturdays world heavyweight title fight. Wilder said

He didn’t hurt me at all, but the simple fact is ... that my uniform was way too heavy for me... I didn’t have no legs from the beginning of the fight. In the third round, my legs were just shot all the way through. But I’m a warrior and people know that I’m a warrior. It could easily be told that I didn’t have legs or anything. A lot of people were telling me, ‘It looked like something was wrong with you.’ Something was, but when you’re in the ring, you have to bluff a lot of things. I tried my best to do so. I knew I didn’t have the legs because of my uniform.

“I was only able to put it on [for the first time] the night before, but I didn’t think it was going to be that heavy. It weighed 40, 40-some pounds with the helmet and all the batteries. I wanted my tribute to be great for Black History Month. I wanted it to be good and I guess I put that before anything.”

What are the best, as in worst,excuses you’ve ever heard for anything?

One of my favourites is George Alan Rekers, a Southern Baptist minister and psychologist, who vocally campaigns against gay rights. Rekers was found to have hired a young man from the website RentBoys.com to accompany him on a trip to Europe. When pressed on why he had done this Rekers claimed that he needed assistance carrying his luggage on the trip and that he was unaware that rentboys.com was in anyway related to gay sex. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Alan_Rekers#%22Rent_boy%22_allegations

Another one I like was when Irish Taoiseach Bertie Ahern was pressed on why he’d appointed several people who had donated to his private office or given him gifts to public positions he replied

Imight have appointed somebody but I appointed them because they were friends, not because of anything they had given me.

Well that’s fine Bertie! Why didn’t you just say they were your mates, we’ll say no more about it.

What are your favourite excuses?

When I was a wee guy a bunch of us who got the bus home from school gave the "silent treatment" to the last guy on the bus, random, could have been any of us. Ignored him the whole journey and with few minutes remaining he started crying. "I hurt my foot playing fitba" he reasoned. We know it was our silent treatment.

What a sad story that is. Terrible excuse though.

Lorraine Kelly getting off a £1.2 million tax bill by claiming that "Lorraine Kelly" is a personality she plays on television rather than the real Lorraine Kelly.

Next time you are wondering why there are no nurses or police blame the evil Dundee quine.

Edited by Junior Pub League

7 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

Lorraine Kelly getting off a £1.2 million tax bill by claiming that "Lorraine Kelly" is a personality she plays on television rather than the real Lorraine Kelly.

Next time you are wondering why there are no nurses or police blame the evil Dundee quine.

The Utd fans were amongst the most vocal in their condemnation of, what i'm going to call, "imaginative tax accounting" too. 

21 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

Wid

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

When I was a wee guy a bunch of us who got the bus home from school gave the "silent treatment" to the last guy on the bus, random, could have been any of us. Ignored him the whole journey and with few minutes remaining he started crying. "I hurt my foot playing fitba" he reasoned. We know it was our silent treatment.

What a sad story that is. Terrible excuse though.

f**k me that'a sad story.