Disney+

Mark Connolly

• 4 months later...

Confirmed that price is going up by £2 a month or to £80 for the year but they're adding a channel as part of the price called Star that has more 'mature' themed content like 24, X-Files and Die Hard etc. Presumably a way to get more Fox content on it over time.

https://deadline.com/2021/01/disney-star-tv-movies-big-sky-24-lost-love-victor-die-hard-1234664258/

6 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Confirmed that price is going up by £2 a month or to £80 for the year but they're adding a channel as part of the price called Star that has more 'mature' themed content like 24, X-Files and Die Hard etc. Presumably a way to get more Fox content on it over time.

https://deadline.com/2021/01/disney-star-tv-movies-big-sky-24-lost-love-victor-die-hard-1234664258/

£80 for the year is fair enough for me. There was plenty of content to get through even before they added Star.

10 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

So this will be the British equivalent of Hulu I take it? Would have thought Sky had most of this type of content, unless they've managed to get it back.

Basically, all the sort of adult-ish programming that would be produced by FX or Hulu will end up on that hub.

Sky, Netflix, and even the BBC will probably take a hit once existing deals run out. They've all had access to FX productions over the years.

Going by the current list of shows like 24, Lost, HIMYM, Prison Break, X-Files, and Atlanta they've waited to launch this until they had a decent mix of titles back under their control. In future you'll probably see Always Sunny, Sons of Anarchy, Shameless (US), and What We Do In The Shadows fall under the Star hub.

• 3 weeks later...

We got Disney+ last March for the £50 one-off. It’s been worth every single penny. With having a three year old and us being both 90s kids (and massive Marvel fans) it’s been a superb purchase.

This next addition will only add to that.

It’s also been a saviour for Disney in terms of their stocks, given the loss of revenue in other areas.

If you’ve got young kids and you haven’t watched Bluey yet, that’s probably our favourite for the wee one. It’s excellent.

I am I reading it correctly.

I bought it  upfront last year for £49.99 instead of £59.99. My renewal is due to go through 24th March.

So this means i will pay £59.99 instead of the new £79.90?

if so that is tremendous value. getting the extra content for free for a year. I would happily pay £79 for what have now never mind the new stuff.

the FAQs say

Existing annual customers who are due to renew for another year BEFORE 23 August will be charged the current lower price. Existing annual customers who are due to renew for another year ON OR AFTER 23 August will be charged the new higher price.

• 4 weeks later...