Disney+

Mark Connolly

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/12/2022 at 18:08, Mark Connolly said:

Not particularly surprised that Willow is getting poor reviews.

The film was shite, and Warwick Davis is an arsehole

I’m watching the film at the moment, and it really isn’t very good at all.  I remember it being great at the time.  I was wrong and I knew nothing.

On 11/10/2021 at 21:58, SweeperDee said:

X-Files began to die for me when Duchovny became less involved/left. Gillian Anderson is a great actress but the awkward chemistry between herself and Duchovny made that show. That, and some brilliant monster of the week type story lines. The overall story arch was a downright mess by season 5.

Years since i watched this but i can remember them talking to the camera and i stopped watching after that, just felt like they got bored with it and were taking the piss.

• 1 month later...

The Old Man. Used to be on Netflix, apparently, but is on Disney now.  Jeff Bridges does disheveled better than anyone else.  Fairly meh reviews, but I think it’s terrific.  CIA ambiguity with espionage and dry humour.  Ticks a lot of my boxes.  Reminiscent of good X-Files, minus the aliens.  

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else watched Finding Michael.

The search for Michael Matthews body on Mount Everest by his family after he died 23 years ago. He was the youngest ever Brit to reach the summit. 

Absolutely fantastic documentary.

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Starting June 14th, the full monty series with original cast apparently, 

Film was an absolute classic, lets see what disney does to this

Some things should be left alone. 

• 2 months later...
On 27/02/2021 at 20:39, J_Stewart said:

Donald Glover is probably the most talented man in entertainment right now. I go through phases of just being obsessed with the guy. Currently rewatching Atlanta, which is phenomenal, and listening to the Dissect podcast (goes in to song-by-song detail) about his album Because the Internet, both of which I would thoroughly recommend.

Just finishing season 1, excitement is already building for the appearance of the bold Teddy Perkins.

Did you ever get round to watching the last 2 seasons.

I just watched the finale now and was very satisfied.