Disney+

Mark Connolly

Another shout for The X Files. Watched all 10 series first time round but watching it again makes me realise that nothing has really got close to it since. Also a shout for Loki. I've only watched the first two episodes but it's a thumbs up from me.

• 1 month later...

Revisited Atlanta as it's on here and my flatmate hasn't seen it. Superb. I wasn't as keen on Season 2 originally but going back into it and it has some of the most inventive comedy I've seen in years. Also both seasons are incredibly funny. 

On 14/07/2021 at 13:29, Jimi Shandrix said:

Another shout for The X Files. Watched all 10 series first time round but watching it again makes me realise that nothing has really got close to it since. Also a shout for Loki. I've only watched the first two episodes but it's a thumbs up from me.

I enjoyed Loki but had a problem. The Guardian had an article suggesting it was basically a big budget Doctor Who. Having that in my head, I couldn't help but "see" it. 

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I enjoyed Loki but had a problem. The Guardian had an article suggesting it was basically a big budget Doctor Who. Having that in my head, I couldn't help but "see" it. 

There is your problem in plain sight. The Guardian is a decent outlet for news, but when it comes to anything to do  with the coverage of entertainment, they are beyond atrocious. Some of the music and television they have promoted in recent times has been laughable in the extreme. This reminds me though, I must watch the rest of Loki.

3 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

There is your problem in plain sight. The Guardian is a decent outlet for news, but when it comes to anything to do  with the coverage of entertainment, they are beyond atrocious. Some of the music and television they have promoted in recent times has been laughable in the extreme. This reminds me though, I must watch the rest of Loki.

To be fair, Loki was utter quality and miles better than Doctor Who. 

Air Crash Investigation. Can't stop watching them; I find them fascinating. Conversely, made me feel even more comfortable flying. Some of the causes of the accidents particularly pre-90s is absolutely terrifying though!

• 1 month later...

X-Files began to die for me when Duchovny became less involved/left. Gillian Anderson is a great actress but the awkward chemistry between herself and Duchovny made that show. That, and some brilliant monster of the week type story lines. The overall story arch was a downright mess by season 5.

On 02/09/2021 at 22:48, NotThePars said:

Revisited Atlanta as it's on here and my flatmate hasn't seen it. Superb. I wasn't as keen on Season 2 originally but going back into it and it has some of the most inventive comedy I've seen in years. Also both seasons are incredibly funny. 

Can't believe I hadn't watched this before. I'm only 3 episodes in, but it is tremendous viewing.

On 03/09/2021 at 19:57, The Naitch said:

Anyone seen the new Martin Short/Steve Martin show yet? Surprisingly good so far. The first 2 episodes have dropped with the rest weekly.

Really enjoying this too. All 3 leads are excellent, as is Nathan Lane.

Does anyone else have trouble watching the app on their phone? Mine hasn't worked for ages. Some Error Code 39 or some shite. Contacted customer support and after an absolute age I was given the "We're sorry l, but it's an issue we're aware of and are currently working on". It was about a year ago.

59 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Can't believe I hadn't watched this before. I'm only 3 episodes in, but it is tremendous viewing.

Really enjoying this too. All 3 leads are excellent, as is Nathan Lane.

I was very into Migos circa 2019 when I first watched and popped hard for the cameo towards the end of episode 3. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 06/03/2021 at 21:52, The Naitch said:

Caught up on Love, Victor which has been alright so far. A wee bit predictable but still pretty good.

On 17/04/2021 at 18:31, The Naitch said:

...liked the way they left it at the end of the last episode. I've said before that it's a bit predictable and the finale was no different but I don't see that as a bad thing. Bring on series two!

Just got round to watching the third, and final, season of Love, Victor.

Really enjoyed season two but season 3 felt a bit rushed. Otherwise it was pretty good and, once Victor got over his slut phase, it was a nice ending back on that ferris wheel where Simon got his happy ending in the film (no euph).

• 1 month later...

Wasn't a star wars fan when it first came out, only watched the first film and didn't bother with the rest, but loving all these spin off shows, Madalorian, Boba Fett, Andor, and Obi Wan Kenobi. Think they should do a .Fennec Shand one too

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Willow.

Forget the movie this is basically a “girl power” angsty teen drama.

The visuals are nice but the pop music and the characters with Californian accents constantly saying “like” are both dreadfully out of place.
It has the mandatory front and centre lgbtq storyline with terrible acting you’d expect from Disney.

Granted I’m not the target audience but it’s pish. A 12 year old girl would probably like it.

On 11/10/2021 at 21:58, SweeperDee said:

X-Files began to die for me when Duchovny became less involved/left. Gillian Anderson is a great actress but the awkward chemistry between herself and Duchovny made that show. That, and some brilliant monster of the week type story lines. The overall story arch was a downright mess by season 5.

I get that, I still loved it but I get ye