Disney+

Mark Connolly

Having watched the first episode, they seem to be onto a winner with 'The World According to Jeff Goldblum'. In his eccentric, cheery way, he explores different aspects of Western culture.

The first episode is about 'Sneakers' and looks at the madness behind the collection of this particular type of footwear. Comes in at just under 30 minutes and tbh, I could listen to Goldblum read the phone book so I reckon I'll rattle through this fairly quickly.

Signed up last week. Great for the kids having the Disney back catalogue. 

Oldest one was doing a project on titanic, so watched the National Geographic documentary about it. Hopefully they add much more here - only a few dozen programmes so far.

It's been a delight to have half the storage back on the V6 now that have the full Simpsons back catalogue available on demand. This in the short term is worth the fiver a month.

Enjoyed watching all the Pixar shorts too. It's a shame they are not packaging them with the features anymore. Watched an excellent new one called Float today. 

I'll probably force the kids to watch some of my era stuff at some point (mighty ducks etc). I'll probably also watch Inside Out from start to finish and sob like a 5 year old again.

3 hours ago, The Naitch said:

The Imagineering Story is utterly fascinating. Well worth dipping into.

We have watched the first two parts, very interesting. I know it is written as a "Disney is the bestest" piece by themselves but the archive footage alone is amazing. 

Happened to see a time line thing of the marvel films and the correct order you should watch them. Have only really seen random ones and didn't actually realise the link before now.

Anyway have now watched Captain America, Captain Marvel and half way through Iron Man. Enjoying seeing the various links and intertwined characters.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone watch this via their PS4? When watching the Marvel films they seem really dark and not as sharp as the likes of Netflix.

I've checked and the back light level and stuff of the tv are up high so not sure why it looks this way.

53 minutes ago, spud131 said:

Anyone watch this via their PS4? When watching the Marvel films they seem really dark and not as sharp as the likes of Netflix.

I've checked and the back light level and stuff of the tv are up high so not sure why it looks this way.

Mine has been fine on PS4 but I just watch the Simpsons on it. 

Mine has been fine on PS4 but I just watch the Simpsons on it. 
This plus recess. Only film I've watched is Lion King so haven't seen any issues so far. Mostly went smoothly on PS4 apart from the fact that the fast forward/rewind is a bit shitter than Netflix

Iv watched the marvel films on my ps4 and haven't had any issue with that.

Iv watched the marvel films on my ps4 and haven't had any issue with that.
Think I found the issue, deep inside the Panasonic tv menus there is an option for rgb level, it was set to normal which was fine for playing games however for some reason made streaming videos (disney, Netflix etc) really dark. I changed this to 'full' and it has really brightened up the image on streaming video.

• 2 months later...

See Disney plus in the US next month to show new Mulan movie but on a premium access basis for $29.99. I guess they have little confidence with the pandemic of many going to pictures to see it, though that is a lot for pay per view (though you can get to keep the film after). I get they are trying to experiment with that but that is crazy price.