Disney+

Mark Connolly

Makes sense they get Simpsons on disney plus seems to biggest thing that has put folk off prospect of it not being there. I don't think Sky boxsets have ever had rights to show on demand?  

Easy enough for folk to get us version via VPN already.  Probably an opportunity for Sky and channels on it's platform to still cover shows that would have been on Hulu in US. Disney can probably make more auctioning them between sky, netflix and amazon than taking the risk here. 

I've had a look on US version the content is reasonable though could get through lot of it quickly if you have a lot of spare time but the price point is good especially if you share with people. I'm looking forward to trying out some of the nat geo stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be subscribing to this as I've avoided The Mandalorian so far and there'll be enough other stuff to keep me interested for a while.

However, I really hope they've designed their apps from scratch for this. I signed up for a free month of Disney Life, mostly just out of interest in the meantime. It's phone/android app is dreadful. Watched a film on it and whether I downloaded the film or not, it crashed basically any time you paused it, you'd have to restart the app and it would lose your place in the film and put you back to the start.

can anyone tell me if this comes with subtitles as me and the Mrs are a bit hard of hearing and use subtitles all the time.
tried Now tv binned that as only some shows had subtitles.
Thanks 
I'd imagine it would but couldn't tell you for certain. 381c68a574a80e4278ef7ff5037abc68.jpeg

2 hours ago, Mr X said:
4 hours ago, paulathame said:
just had a look at the apps on my BT hard-drive box it not there so looks like a moot point.

It hasn't launched in the UK yet

the early discount closes on the 23 th of this month only 3 days away there is no way I would buy it not knowing if It can be played on my kit.

The discount is a whole £10, so you are not missing out on much.

I have been speaking to Sky about it as i would prefer it on the sky box than allowing the wee one to go and mess around on the TV. They have confirmed that they will have it but indicitive pricing is £5.99 a month to get it through them whereas Disney are only charging £59 a year (without discount)

turns out i will be able to sign in with my disney account once the app is added.

It's here and it has the X-Men series from the early 90s. 
On top of the Disney and Pixar films, and the MCU stuff, that's more than worth it for me.
That was also what excited me the most when I booted the app up. What a time to be locked in the house

58 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Free trial for 7 days but only making two The Mandolorian episodes available.  Is there a definitive list of what else is available anywhere?

3rd episode available on Friday with the rest of the episodes coming every Friday after that.