Inverness CT v Raith Rovers - Tunnock’s Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup Final

Scary Bear

I hope they play the final of this trophy, even if it is behind closed doors. It would be a waste to go an entire season playing the trophy,travelling all over the British and Irish Isles,  and then not bother to hold the final. They could hold it early next season, if they have to. Although Inverness might be promoted, by then due to league reconstruction, and could be the first premier team to win the trophy.

On 14/04/2020 at 16:50, Highland Capital said:

Could we not just agree to be awarded joint-winners?

6 months each? What about a Charity Shield type deal where we play it as a new season curtain-raiser?

Hopefully this reconstruction that Ann Budge and that lad from Accies are proposing is going to throw the winners a European place. Has to happen.

• 1 month later...
On 14/04/2020 at 16:50, Highland Capital said:

Could we not just agree to be awarded joint-winners?

I think if anyone were to suggest Raith had done any kind of double this season there would be some people in Falkirk whose heads are gonna explode.

Both clubs issued statements a while back saying they wanted the game to go ahead. Could be a good Guinea pig for streaming a match perhaps if this is a route we end up going down?

On 31/05/2020 at 12:02, RiG said:

Both clubs issued statements a while back saying they wanted the game to go ahead. Could be a good Guinea pig for streaming a match perhaps if this is a route we end up going down?

Doubt it would be streamed given that it'll be live on BBC Alba (and potentially BT Sport).

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Doubt it would be streamed given that it'll be live on BBC Alba (and potentially BT Sport).

Oh yeah of course, I keep forgetting about BBC Alba screening the CC final.

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

According to our chairman, this has been pencilled in for the 21st November, replacing the league encounter between both sides.

The choice of stadium is the next issue to overcome.

The P & J says the identified date is the 22nd of November...? I guess it's good they at least haven't forgotten about it altogether.

Edited by RiG

• 2 months later...